CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a career that encompasses my writing, communication, organizational, and planning skills. Motivated to tackle new tasks and contribute to a team's objective. Looking to build a career in customer service, sales, publishing, events planning, or public relations.
EDUCATION: Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology, Minor in Communications, May 2011
Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo, Seville, Spain
Study-abroad, June 2005
SKILLS: Familiarity with copy-writing and editing.
Able to quickly focus research results to relevant information.
MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Cision Media Database.
General knowledge of Salesforce.com, marketing automation technologies.
Basic understanding of Spanish; reading, writing and conversation.
EXPERIENCE: Porter Novelli Public Relations - a global PR firm that specializes in technical communications, crisis management and new market penetration.
Intern, Summers 2008-2009
• Participated in client meetings with project teams, providing requested information, and following up on research.
• Organized a client-centric activity that included interacting with a number of local businesses.
• Garnered attention for clients working with PR Newswire ProfNets.
• Assisted with an intense two week product launch of a new technical consumer product.
• Completed extensive online research, emphasizing a narrowing-down of relevant information and summarizing in a way that others could quickly understand.
• Facilitated meeting and call logistics, customer related errands, event planning, press release copy editing, and general clerical work.
ACTIVITIES Replant, Texas A&M University
Event Coordinator, 2007-2008
• An environmental service project that helps improve the Bryan/College Station Community, while bringing students together through tradition with a tree planting event.
• Planned activities and logistics for Replant Day.
• Procured vendors and entertainment from the community.
C.U.T.E. Club (Clean Up The Environment), Westlake High School
• Promoted clean garbage disposal habits and recycling around the campus.
• Created flyers and posters to raise awareness of the club and its purpose.