PO Box 50 Phone/Fax: 360-595-0481
Acme, WA 98220 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lori-erbs/11/411/519
e-mail: email@example.com http://www.unlimited-resources.com
M.A. - Library & Information Studies University of Wisconsin-Madison 1989
B.A. - English major/Art minor Northern Michigan University-Marquette 1982
Unlimited Resources 1993 - Present Acme, WA
Self-employed Resource Consultant. Provide research, writing, marketing, sales, publicity, graphics, editing, agent-liaison, webmaster, webdesign, webconsulting, grantwriting, transcription, library, and consulting services for authors, publishers, lawyers and other diverse clients.
US Census Bureau April – June 2010 Everett, WA
Full-time Enumerator. Conducted in-home and telephone interviews in Eastern half of Whatcom County to obtain information for 2010 Census. Maintained confidentiality and precise documentation of interviews.
General Services Administration (GSA) April 2007 - January 2010 Auburn, WA
Full-time Contract File Librarian. Established bibliographic, security and circulation controls for 1500+ lease and assignment files at the GSA Real Estate Acquisition Division (READ) Library, serving GSA employees and properties in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Maintained physical and conceptual integrity of files, implementing elements of preservation and cataloging. Maintained Records Management, removing terminated files for storage at Federal Records Center, coordinating with National Archives & Records Administration (NARA) disposition schedules and authorities. Created posters illustrating strategic plans, Green initiatives, etc. Updated Realty Services Handbook with new policies, administrative letters, Executive Orders, forms, sustainable best practices such as LEED standards, etc. Preserved, organized and cataloged the Historic Preservation Archives, a collection of 10,000+ photographs, drawings, legal records and documents for Federal Buildings and properties in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington; donated historic Pacific Northwest Archives to NARA. Created strategic Information Management Plan for Region 10.
Whatcom Community College Library 1995 - 1997 Bellingham,WA
Part-time Faculty Reference Librarian. Provided reference/bibliographic instruction services to students, faculty and community; computer support liaison for electronic reference tools; supervised volunteers, interns, and students; participated in planning/communication with library staff/college faculty; implemented legal databases such as Westlaw and West CD-ROM along with resource assessment for accreditation of Paralegal curriculum. Assisted in planning and development of integrated online library system and library move.
USDA - Forest Service 1984 - 1993 US National Forests
· Four years professional experience as GS 9/11 Library Director at Forestry Sciences Research Library. Managed all aspects of unique environmental collection, specializing in original and secondary research and reference for Alaskan Forest Service employees, including numerous PhD’s. Relocated, reorganized, and revitalized library; supervised staff of seven, including volunteers. Responsible for collection development and original cataloging of materials onto WLN. Managed numerous and extensive Interlibrary loans.
· Six years field experience including tree planting, silvicultural exams, fire tower lookout duty,
firefighting, and habitat improvement.
· Internet and Database searching (Google, DIALOG, Westlaw, OCLC, etc.)
· Computer troubleshooting and command of varied office applications software – Windows MS Office: Word, Excel, etc.
· HTML Language/Web Authoring tools (Dreamweaver) and multimedia applications (Real software, Adobe Photoshop, Streaming)
· Technical writing: Ad copy, Abstracts, Articles, Press Releases, Indexing, Grant Writing
· Copy and original cataloging of standard, archival and special collections using MARC
· AV Teaching Tools – LCD projectors, digital and video cameras
· Evaluation and implementation of library software
· Type 60+ wpm
American Library Association 1995-present Association of College & Research Libraries 1995-present
Intellectual Freedom Roundtable 1995-present Special Libraries Association 1990-1993, 1997-2010
Juneau Special Libraries Consortium co-founder 1991-1993
1991-1992 From: State of Alaska To: FS INFO ALASKA ($7,000.00)
1991-1992 From: State of Alaska To: Juneau Special Libraries Consortium ($22,000.00)
References Available Upon Request