Highly Organized Grant Researcher and Writing Consultant proficient in program development, project management and administrative directives as well as meeting multiple & competing deadlines. Successful at acquiring and maintaining sound knowledge and understanding of an organization, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought. Diverse and significant experiences in researching, applying for, implementing, managing and administering grant program/awards with a focus on social services and education in the nonprofit sector. Core areas of competencies include:
Persuasive & Creative Writing Skills
Creative & Critical Thinking Skills
Ability to take initiative and utilize innovative techniques
Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate a variety of data
Excellent written, oral and organizational skills
An eye for detail
Ability to work well with others
Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
Hidden Treasures Research Company, Fayetteville, NC & Bronx, NY 2008 – Present
• Provide extensive grant research and created a database of funding sources in the areas of education, social services, arts and culture.
• Provide extensive grant research for populations served such as children, teens, women, families, persons with disabilities (mental and physical), persons with AIDS/HIV positive, disadvantaged, underprivileged, underserved, low income, racially and ethnically diverse.
• Review literature dealing with funds available through grants from various private and public foundations, corporations, local funding sources and some governmental sources.
Bread of Life Equipping Center, Inc., Fayetteville, NC 2006 – 2007
Grant Writing Consultant & Program Coordinator
• Developed and implemented a micro-level grant-funded math/science program for community youth and children.
• Assisted with designing and implementation of program for feeding homeless individuals in underserved community.
• Outlined how funds were to be used and explained procedures necessary to obtain funding for each program.
• Wrote specifications for evaluation and monitoring of program.
• Cultivated and maintained positive relationships with funders.
• Secured $2K in grants from a community foundation.
• Secured $2K in grants from two major corporations.
Tarheel Childcare Center, Inc., Tarheel, NC 2005
Grant Researcher & Writer
• Researched grant applications and funding opportunities to provide support for a teaching curriculum.
• Developed grant proposal and $40,000 budget.
• Secured $500 from a private foundation.
B.O.L.T. Ministries Inc., Fayetteville, NC 2002 – 2006
Grant Administrator & Program Manager
• Developed and implemented a life skills management program for at-risk teens and disadvantaged women.
• Wrote grant applications according to format required and submitted application to funding agencies.
• Directed and coordinated the evaluation and monitoring of grant-funded program.
• Cultivated and maintained relationship with funding sources.
• Monitored expenses and variances.
• Secured $20K multi-year grant from national foundation.
Continuous Flow Enrichment Center, Inc., Hope Mills, NC 2002 – 2004
Grant Writer & Program Coordinator
• Assisted with the development and implementation of Reach-N-Teach Youth Development Program.
• Conferred with personnel affected by proposed program to develop program goals and objectives.
• Worked with fiscal officer in preparing narrative justification for purchase of new equipment and other budgetary expenditures.
• Submitted proposals to officials for approval.
• Generated compelling narratives for funding applications and reports.
• Met with representatives of funding sources to workout final details of proposal.
• Secured $2K grant from community foundation.
National Society of Grant Writing Professionals, Inc., Fayetteville, NC June 2001
Certificate, Grants Development Specialist
National Radio Institute Correspondence Course, Washington, DC June 1995
Certificate, Highest Honors in Bookkeeping/Accounting
Berkeley College, New York, NY March 1993
AAS, Business Administration