Some neighborhood kids tossed a baseball, while others enjoyed Nature. I was Different. I routinely took stuff apart. As I soon learned from the family radio and TV, they could make sounds. And images. But how, why? Learning sound, light, and energy, each being a special vibration, I became a science writer.
I have always enjoyed:
• solving customers' problems in direct, one-on-one or one-on-many dialog.
• watching people hold a new "something" for the first time, and as they hold it and admire it, explain the features and benefits of ownership in such a way that they feel comfortable with it and ultimately want to acquire it.
• helping family and friends with technology. I'm their "go to" guy.
• learning new flavors of Unix. Over time I became self-taught on flavors of AT&T, IBM, and H-P, and now Apple OS X (10.5.8).
• solving computer technology problems that may bedevil others.
• communicating to customers regardless of age, background, or lack of common language.
• working with Apple products, specifically Apple computers. (It is fun composing this note using TextEdit on a Dual 2.3 GHz PowerPC G5!)