Experienced development professional with a proven track record in creating productive grant writing and effective fundraising agendas. Raised in excess of $3.5 million total in grant funding for community, cultural and educational institutions. Possesses excellent management skills and ability to develop strong rapport with donors, board members, institutional leaders and colleagues. Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, drive change within an organization and achieve results.
Various clients include: The Film Society of Lincoln Center, New York, NY
Purple Circle Early Childhood Development Center, New York, NY
The ProCure Cancer Foundation, New York, NY
Ruby Slippers Fundraising, Brooklyn, NY
www.sensesofcinema.com, Melbourne, Australia
www.withwingsandroots.com, New York, NY
Grant Writing Consultant, February 2010 – present
• Full-cycle grant management, including:
o Conducting proactive research to identify new sources of funding;
o Development of grant applications, proposals, reports and letters of inquiry;
o Budget development and fiscal reporting;
o Mission statements, organizational goals and objectives; and
o Annual fund development and strategy.
• Develops content and articles for the web, online magazines, newsletters and annual reports.
92nd Street Y, New York, NY
Grants Manager, Development Office, July 2006 – September 2009
• Prepared foundation, corporate and government grant proposals, reports and letters of inquiry totaling $1.1 million annually.
• Increased restricted and unrestricted support by reaching out to diversified grant making organizations.
• Conceived of, planned and directed other staff to develop research strategies to identify new funding opportunities across foundation, corporate and government sectors.
• Managed a portfolio of institutional prospects and donors and developed strategies for securing financial support for key program areas, such as community life and culture, performing arts and international affairs. Managed foundation, corporate and government grant calendar pertaining to those areas, making sure that donor cultivation activities are aligned with marketing and publicity of the Y programs.
• Developed annual revenue projections.
Center for Jewish History, New York, NY
Grants Manager, Development Office, July 2005 – July 2006
• Established proper workflow procedures for the Development Department, created and managed grants calendar to ensure completeness and efficacy of practices.
• Identified new sources of support and prepared research profiles on prospects.
• Prepared grant proposals, reports, letters of inquiries and other correspondence for the Center’s public programs, and library, research and fellowship grants.
• In concert with curators and department heads identified “funding-ready” projects and departmental priorities.
• Produced program budgets and fiscal reports.
• Maintained the integrity of donor database.
Center for Court Innovation, New York, NY
Fiscal Manager, Office of Finance and Administration, November 2003 – February 2005
• With the Development Department, created grant applications for such Center projects as community courts, drug courts, reentry courts, domestic violence courts, mental health courts.
• Was responsible for planning and managing program budgets, analyzing program expenses for active projects and forecasting budgets for future projects.
• Ensured contract compliance and oversaw contractual obligations to funding sources, especially organization’s programmatic and fiscal compliance of the $2 million Congressional Appropriation from the Bureau of Justice Assistance.
Bureau of Jewish Education, San Francisco, CA
Grant Administrator, June 1999 – January 2003
• Advanced the organization’s mission by bringing awareness of community needs to the funders, which resulted in college-level scholarships tripling in less than two years.
• Established criteria and guidelines for scholarships in concert with the Jewish Community Endowment Fund; developed scholarship application forms, policies and procedures.
• Led Scholarship Committee meetings to review approximately 300 applications and distributed $500,000 in grants and scholarships annually.
• Worked with Associate Director on developing outreach, marketing and publicity for grant programs.
• Worked closely with the freelance database designer throughout all stages of design, implementation, and troubleshooting of the agency’s global financial aid database.
• Hired and supervised temporary/freelance staff to maintain financial aid database, records and files.
• Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), member of international and New York chapters.
• Fluent in Russian (native speaker).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and several fundraising databases, such as PledgeMaker, Raiser’s Edge and Tessitura (Constituent and Customer Relationship Management Database).
B.A. in Film Studies, University of California at Santa Barbara
Pharmacy Assistant Certificate, Riga Medical Vocational School, Riga, Latvia (former Soviet Union)
AA in Biological Sciences, Riga Polytechnic University, Riga, Latvia