More than six years as the editor of print and web publications managing freelance writers, assistant editors and other staff provide me with a firm foundation of experience for managing complex, demanding projects. An outstanding record of creative innovations, extraordinary customer service and rigorous accuracy proves my dedication to producing outstanding products and results. And more than eight years experience writing and editing copy for print and web ensures my ability to excel at all types of projects.
2009-present Associate Editor and Web Editor, Yellow Scene Magazine, Erie, CO
As associate editor I supervise freelance writers and photographers, write editorial and incidental copy for the magazine, pitch story ideas, brainstorm design concepts and adhere to tight production deadlines. I received two 2011 and one 2010 Colorado Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists award for arts and entertainment reporting. I also copyedit the entire publication and maintain a style guide for consistency and accuracy. As web editor I create unique web content for Yellow Scene and outside clients with an eye to search engine optimization (SEO), devise and drive the social networking strategies for the company and manage the online Yellow Scene Community on yellowscene.com, Twitter and Facebook.
2007–2009 Editor, Weaver Multimedia Group, Denver, CO
Managed six publications and a web site by writing and editing content, supervising contributing writers and assistant editors, managing membership databases and listings and following strict publication timelines. Redesigned the Dallas official visitors guide into a destination magazine with the Dallas team, increasing advertising sales to achieve sales goals for that market for the first time. Worked with multiple municipal clients including the Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau and the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau and received an internal award for excellence in customer service.
2005–2006 Accounts Coordinator, Luxury Brand Group, Newport Beach, CA
Wrote and edited press releases, web copy, ad copy, press kits, RFP responses, email blasts and other marketing materials for a variety of high-profile luxury and fine jewelry industry clients. Functioned as a ghostwriter for the company’s principal for two articles published in the jewelry trade magazine, The Jewelry Book. Also liaised with consumer and trade press contacts and developed and maintained strong business relationships with current and prospective clients.
2004–2005 IT Specialist, Lehman Brothers, Mission Viejo, CA
Among other duties, documented procedures, strategies, production plan, and error logs for IT department. Also designed automation tools in Excel for increased productivity and quality assurance.
2001–2003 Webmaster, Vista Del Mar Properties, Santa Fe, NM
Wrote and designed multiple websites using HTML and Microsoft FrontPage. Wrote and implemented monthly e-newsletter increasing circulation from 0 to more than 200 readers in less than six months. Designed and implemented an online advertising campaign, increasing bookings and length of stay by 20 percent in six months.
1999–2004 Writing Tutor, College of Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM
• Developed and implemented lesson plans for as many as thirty students per semester in a one-on-one student/tutor environment.
• Co-taught remedial freshman composition for fifty underachieving freshmen, improving their English grades to passing.
1996–1999 Executive Assistant, Vocabulary Enterprises, Dallas, TX
• Wrote content for new products, advertising copy and business correspondence.
1999-2003 College of Santa Fe Santa Fe, NM
• B.A., Moving Image Arts
3.95 GPA, graduated magna *** laude
• 2011 2nd place award in arts and entertainment features for 2010 “Formations of a Foodie” column, Rocky Mountain Society of Professional Journalists
• 2011 3rd place award in arts and entertainment criticism for 2010 restaurant reviews, Rocky Mountain Society of Professional Journalists
• 2010 2nd place award in arts and entertainment criticism for 2009 restaurant reviews, Rocky Mountain Society of Professional Journalists
• 2010 Best Regional Magazine finalist, Western Publisher’s Association Maggie Awards
• 2007 Outstanding Customer Service, Weaver Multimedia Group
• 2007 Best Official Visitors Guide, Weaver Multimedia Group
• 2007 Best Article, Weaver Multimedia Group
• Macintosh and Windows operating systems
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Entourage, Visio and PowerPoint
• Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat and Illustrator
• CMS systems including Wordpress
• Microsoft FrontPage, Dreamweaver and basic HTML and CSS
• Excellent grammatical and proofreading skills; scored 100% on proofreading test
• 70+wpm typing speed.
References provided on request or visit linkedin.com/in/lacyboggs to see recommendations.