A primary goal as a Graphic Designer, Writer and Editor for print and web is to be
an efficient and effective communicator by utilizing a combined visual and literal approach with the objective to facilitate positive change.
1985 – 1986 Sheridan College
Oakville, ON, Canada
One year Computer Animation Program (Certificate)
1980 – 1984 Ontario College of Art and Design
Toronto, ON, Canada
Four year Communication and Design Program (Honors Diploma)
1976 – 1979 University of Toronto
Toronto, ON, Canada
Three year Bachelor of Arts Degree
Major in English, Minor in Art (General B.A.)
2011 - 2012 Corporate Blogger, Guarantee RV (Calgary, AB)
• Set up blog for Guarantee RV to generate greater communication and more sales leads. Interviewing skills and image editing experience also add value to this blog.
2011 - 2012 Web Design Consultant, Yellow Wood Networks (Calgary, AB)
• Web design consultant duties include: Wordpress theme analysis, creating revised color palettes, photo recommendations, image editing, graphic design, logo creation, writing, editing and video suggestions for diverse companies.
2000 – 2012 Freelance Graphic Designer, Writer, and Editor (Calgary, AB)
• Outsourced services as a freelance Graphic Designer, Writer, Editor and Proofreader under the business name Eagleheart Dynamic. Graphic design and writing were done for both print and web. Services were provided onsite as well as offsite in a virtual capacity for companies in Canada and the US.
2006 – 2012 Logo Designer Contributor and Photographer Contributor
Istockphoto International (Calgary, AB)
• Designed logos and supplied photographs for this diverse site to serve the needs
of people promoting their businesses.
2006 – 2011 Generated promotional pieces as a Graphic Designer for these companies:
The Bike Shop (Calgary, AB); Medabolic (Calgary, AB); H. Ash and Associates -
Real Estate (Calgary, AB); Soul Vibration Instruments (Salt Spring Island, BC);
Global Mix Radio (New York, NY); Tadger Group International (Toronto, ON);
Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada – Calgary Chapter (Calgary, AB);
Computer Training Source (Chicago, IL); Milestones Spa (Red Deer, AB);
Teleco Financial Services (Irving, TX); Alberta Venture magazine (Calgary, AB)
2010 – 2011 Part-time Writer and Editor, ECOPYWRITERS, (San Diego, California)
• SEO writing on a wide range of topics and editing for other writers’ articles.
2010 Part-time Writer, Canadian Rockies Lifestyle and Tourism Guide,
Pipeno Inc. (The Pipeno network) (New York, NY USA) http://canadianrockies.pipeno.com:80
• Lifestyle and tourism in the Canadian Rockies was explored.
2009 – 2012 Calgary Environmental News Examiner, Examiner.com (Calgary, AB)
2011 – 2012 Alberta Environmental Writer, Digital Journal (Toronto, ON)
• Generated environmental articles for Calgary and Alberta.
2009 – 2012 Writer and Editor (Freelancer)
Hubpages.com (Calgary, AB) http://hubpages.com/profile/bluesilver
• Produced a broad spectrum of general interest articles for the online community.
2007 – 2010 Editor and Proofreader
Omnilingua Worldwide (Cedar Rapids, IA USA)
• Proofed/edited/formatted data sheets, slide shows, brochures, CDs and Technical Manuals for the high-end medical technology and automotive sectors.
2006 – 2007 Web Content Forum Writer for InbOx.com, Forum Shock and Wired Flame
• Online forum writer for various websites on many subjects where interesting discussions were generated to proliferate traffic to specific websites.
1990 – 1999 Graphic Designer and Writer – Print (Toronto, ON)
• Worked as an employee, freelance, and contract Graphic Designer in Toronto for these companies: Harbourfront Corporation; City of Toronto (Communications Division); International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI); Mackenzie Financial Corporation; and Shiatsu Academy of Tokyo. Ms. Visconti’s writing career was initiated in Toronto and included feature articles for technology and alternative health magazines. Writing History will be supplied upon request.
Skills: Hardware and Software
• Hardware - Mac Intel (OS X Version 10.5.8, Processor 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon) and some PC experience.
• Software - Microsoft Office 2008 and the Adobe Master Collection that includes the CS4 bundle of programs Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Dreamweaver.
• Worked with HTML and Wordpress.
Interests: The Healing Arts
• Received Certified Shiatsu Practitioner (Shiatsupractor) license through the Shiatsu Academy of Tokyo in 1992 (Toronto, ON). Spearheaded drive to regulate Shiatsu in Toronto, using graphic design and writing to educate government officials and public on the benefits of Shiatsu in support of the preventive medicine paradigm. Currently practice Shiatsu on a part-time basis in Calgary, AB.
• Internet marketing, photography, cinematography, social networking for business, filmmaking, screenwriting, and learning about the financial industry.
Volunteering: 1999 – Present: The Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada, Calgary Chapter
• Design, write and edit the quarterly News & Views newsletter in collaboration with researchers from the University of Calgary.
Associations: Member of the following Associations
• Association of Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario
• National Health Practitioners of Canada Association
• Canadian Shiatsu Society of British Columbia
References to be supplied upon request.