1357 Dallshan Dr, Carrollton, TX 75007 email@example.com Cell:770-940-6769/404-319-0744
Remington Hotels, Addison, TX July 2011 – Sep 2011
Senior Hotel Accountant (Temporary)
• Review / approve weekly Accounts payable invoices and process loose invoices.
• Prepare quarterly payroll tax, monthly Sales & Used, City and Occupancy tax returns.
• Monitor several bank accounts on daily basis, fund as needed and reconcile monthly bank statements.
• Prepare / Review monthly financial statement, reconcile balance sheet accounts and send inquiries to hotel controllers.
• Support / assist controllers and General Managers. Comply with internal and external audit requirements and special project assigned.
Woodhaven Country Club, Fort Worth, TX April 2011 – Jun 2011
• Develop the club's long-range and annual business plans in accordance with the wants and needs of the Board of Directors & the membership. Oversees the recruiting, hiring and training of personnel in multiple departments that may include dining services, golf course management, entertainment, housekeeping and maintenance.
• Builds positive relations with the members, their guests, and potential members to ensure customer satisfaction, and understand the membership's wants and needs. Provide the services, special events and facilities to accommodate those wishes.
• Establish budgets, control costs and find ways to increase Club profits. Maintain cash flow and financial goals. Supply management and all financial information necessary for making policy decisions monthly. Prepare financial statements, bank reports, and statement of operations summary, membership reports, asset reports, and special project reports.
• Supervise directly all accounting functions, general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, membership loans, bank statements and reconciliation. Oversee most licensing processes and annual dues payments.
• Responsible for complete Human Resources functions. Negotiate all insurance contracts, annually. File all property and casualty claims. Responsible for OSHA records and accident reporting to underwriter/carrier.
Atlantic Hotels Ltd, Carrollton, TX. Dec 2007 – March2011
• Maintain accounting for multiple properties including Hotels and Shopping Centers and documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Prepare financial outlook and financial forecast. Operate the accounting department and design an organizational structure adequate for achieving goals & Objectives.
• Ensue all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable, and were paid in a timely manner and prompt collection of account receivable, completion of periodic bank reconciliations.
• Maintain the chart of account, and orderly accounting filing system and controls over accounting transactions. Coordinate the preparation of the corporate official annual report of actual revenue, transfers and expenses. Calculate variances from the budget and P & L report significant issues to management.
• Direct coordinate and provide company’s annual budget, forecasts, financial planning and management functions. Provide financial analyses particularly for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
• Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
• Ensures Hiring documentation, including OSHA, EEOC, DOL, EEO, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, and HIPAA. Wage Hour and Health laws, timely payroll process and payroll withholdings, compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
Starwood Hotels, Irving, TX Aug 2006 – Dec 2007
• Produce the financial reports, such as P & L, expense variation v/s Budget. Bring to the notice of the management issues which affect cash flow, expenses and balances. Execute financial reports, which also includes operating the
General ledger system and month-end close work. Examine financial records, collect information prepares reports and make recommendations.
• Process the payment of Property tax, Franchise tax, State, City, Sales & Used tax. Calculate and ensure the Fixed Asset/ Depreciation policy procedure and process. Maintain employee records and information. Process payroll and file fed tax in timely manner. Ensure all A/P and A/R accuracy process.
Radhagoswami Hospitality Inc., Stone Mountain, GA Jan 2003 – Aug 2006
• Enter and ensure the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents and records. Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable).
• Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs (Peachtree). Compile data and prepare a variety of reports. Balance cash drawers and deposit the daily revenue.
• Reconcile records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers. Recommend actions to resolve discrepancies. Investigate questionable data.
Somerset Hotels Group Ltd., Buckhead, GA Feb 2002 – Aug 2006
• Assist for the organization's annual budget and planning with GM and Accounting Department.
• Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
• Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting. Managing day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable, producing reports as requested. Reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements.
• Maintain Intersection’s archival & administrative file and record. Administer payroll and employee work schedule. Ensure that Accounting Department requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
• Prepare nightly audit and be a liaison with all outside vendor. Oversee achievement of revenue and cost objectives. Maintain guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel. Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest.
Union National Bank, Abu Dhabi, UAE Aug 1992 – Sep 2000
Credit Manager .
• Assist the customers for Open Accounts (Saving, Checking & Business Accounts), certificates of deposits, saving bonds, credit cards & credit applications. Issue Import & export letter of credit and accept the import letter of credits.
• Settle different Method of payments and guarantees. Notify, Verify and discuss with importer and exporters regarding letter of credit, insurance and merchandise shipments documentation to determine compliance with international standard.
• Coordinate customer credit information; scrutinize discrepancies and collateral papers with loan officer to comply with bank credit standard.
UC Berkeley University, Berkeley, CA. Professional Certification & specialization Programs CPA & CPM April 2011.
US Career Institute Accounting Services Specialist Certificate, June 2010
University of Texas Arlington. Arlington, TX, Certified General Accounting Courses, Mar, 2008
Emirates Banking University Of Trade & Finance, Sharjah, UAE. Trade & Finance Certificate, 1995.
Bombay University, Bombay, India, Master of Science, June, 1991
Bombay University, Bombay, India, Bachelor of Science, June, 1983
QuickBooks, Sage Accpac, MRI, Peachtree Accounting, ADP, Paychex, Paycom, Execupay payroll software, IBS, Opera, Galaxy, Light Speed, HSSE, Imagin, Diamond, Win, Fosse, Macro, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft word, Pivot table, Power Point & Internet Research.