Sandra K.T. Buechler
Contract/freelance position that uses my 15+ years experience and enables me to make a positive contribution.
Writing and Grant Administration Expertise
• Have an 80% success rate obtaining funding for grants.
• Research potential funders and foundations for multiple organizations.
• Proofread written materials at an average of 9-12 pages/hour
• Review federal grant proposals for US Department of Education.
Program Coordination Expertise
• Designed volunteer tracking program to maintain accurate records.
• Increased total volunteer numbers by 89% with CIS of Rowan County.
• Managed over 300 chapter volunteers with American Red Cross.
• Designed handbook of job responsibilities.
• Taught English as a Second Language to youth and adults.
• Coached teachers in the design of Language Arts state-wide curriculum frameworks (Goals 2000).
• Designed and facilitated workshops for K-12 school personnel.
Fundraising/Special Events Expertise
• Hired, trained, coached, supervised and evaluated staff members and volunteers.
• Designed and initiated 8-12 volunteer events and activities per year.
• Marketed and publicized fundraising events.
• Directed numerous bulk mailings in excess of 6,000 pieces.
Education and Training
Central Michigan University
B.S. in Secondary Education, 1991
Certificate program in Non-Profit Management, 2002
Grant Writing Workshop sponsored by The Grantmanship Center, 2002
4/2010 – present: Organizational Strategies Consultant
Community Integration Training, Inc.; Salisbury, NC
5/2003 – present: Grant Peer Reviewer
U.S. Department of Education; Washington, D.C.
10/2003 - 06/2009: Director of Volunteers
Communities In Schools of Rowan County, Salisbury, NC
10/1999 - 10/2000, Director of Youth and Volunteer Services
American Red Cross, Salisbury, NC
06/1997 - 3/1999, Professional Development Specialist and Program Director
EDUCATION CONNECTION, Litchfield, CT
• National Board Member of Literacy Volunteers of America, 1998-2000.
• Board Member of Literacy Volunteers of America; Danbury, CT, 1997-1999.
• Offered time and services to community and charitable organizations, employer sponsored committees and children's school events and activities.
Provided upon request