University of South Carolina-Columbia, May 2011
Master Public Administration
Mississippi State University, July 2008
Bachelor of Arts, Communication (Public Relations); Political Science
Administrative Resource, Department of Insurance, July 2009 – May 2011
• Conducted research, interviewed staff, and developed interpersonal relationships throughout the various agency departments in order to compile data, write, and consolidate the Agency Accountability Report. Performed general clerical duties and supported the staff in assigned project-based work.
Server, Oby's of Starkville , June 2005 – July 2008
• Demonstrated excellent customer service and time-management and strong leadership skills.
Intern, Office of U.S. Senator Trent Lott , June 2006 – July 2006
• Assisted the staff by performing a variety of tasks that included general office management and communication with legislators, liaisons of state agencies, lobbyists, constituents, and members of the general public.
1. Experienced researcher who is detail-oriented and uses analytical and critical thinking skills,
producing efficient and effective solutions.
2. Talented writer proficient in writing reports, writing for publications, and organizational writing.
3. Proven ability to write and develop grants that fund programs and services.
4. Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
5. Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills.
6. Excellent relationship builder that is able to communicate and collaborate effectively in
7. Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints. .
8. Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills and familiar with a wide-range of applications
including Adobe, GIS, and Microsoft Excel.
• Lambda Sigma, National Leadership Honor Society member
• Habitat for Humanity, Restore Volunteer
• Mississippi Gubernational Campaign Volunteer
• Mentor/Tutor, Sudduth Elementary School, Starkville, MS
• National Society of Collegiate Scholars)
• Master of Public Administration Student Administration member
• Phi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honor Society member
HONORS AND AWARDS
Mississippi Eminent Scholar Grant American Society of Collegiate Scholars
Academic Excellence Scholarship Dean’s List