Lisa D. Kelley
Experience: 08/11-Present Imagine This Books Kansas City, MO/Global
My duties include managing various networking sites that engage friends, followers, and connections to start their own virtual businesses, promote books for authors, get involved in healthy dialogue through blogging, and/or purchase books/ebooks from 1 million plus items.
Visit me at http://imaginethisbook.webs.com/index.htm, here you can follow me on facebook, twitter, and linkedin, as well as find links to book/ebook items.
08/10-Present Allen Village School Kansas City, MO
Teacher/Special Education Resource
My duties include:
• Working with students with slow learning and intellectual impairment disabilities (Down Syndrome), to increase in developing and applying strategies to improve in reading and mathematics for students K – 8th grade.
• Manage a caseload of 17 to 20 students in compliance with each IEP (Individual Education Plan) requirements according to IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act) of 2004.
• Assist in administering the MAP (Missouri Assessment Program).
• MAP-A (Missouri Assessment Program Alternative) Coordinator, planner, and implementer.
01/10 – 08/10 Benjamin Banneker Charter Kansas City, MO
Academy of Technology
Teacher/Exceptional Education Resource
My duties included working with students with slow learning disabilities to increase in developing and applying strategies to improve in reading and mathematics for students K – 8th grade. I managed a case load of 24 students completing IEP (Individual Education Plan) requirements according to IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act) of 2004, and MAP (Missouri Assessment Program) planning.
08/06 – 08/09 Kansas City MO School District Kansas City, MO
R. J. Delano Alternative School
As part of a team of other teachers and staff, my responsibilities were to teach, motivate, counsel, and assist cognitively impaired (physical & cognitive disabilities) middle and high school students in mathematics and reading. I managed a case load of 5 to 8 students completing IEP (Individual Education Plan) requirements according to IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act) of 2004, and MAP-A (Missouri Assessment Program-Alternative) planning/implementation, as well as assisting other teachers in IEP and MAP-A planning.
06/05 – 08/06 Wright Career College Overland Park, KS
My duties were to teach, motivate, counsel, and assist students with Customer Service skills,
Microsoft Computer applications, English, and Mathematics needed for the
workplace. Worked as a team member to meet and exceed corporate 80 %
• Met or surpassed academic expectations each month for the previous six consecutive months. Averaged 95% to 99%.
• Insisted that students were aware and meet target dates when assignments were due.
• Worked one-on-one with students.
• Encouraged peer mentoring.
• Communicated with students that become missing in action.
02/05 – 06/05 Hickman Mills Consolidated Raytown, MO
School District No. 1
Substitute Teacher, Elementary School
My duties included being an on call substitute teacher, taught grades K-3, assisting the school
district when needed.
01/05 – 02/06 United Theological Seminary Dayton, OH
Independent Thesis Editor
My duties included formatting and editing 400 to 700 page thesis documents, using the Kate Turabian Method, for Doctoral Ministry students attending United Theological Seminary in Dayton, OH. My contacts with students consisted of in person, telephone, postal mail, and the Internet.
09/03 - 02/05 LabOne Lee’s Summit, MO
Completed medical insurance applications via telephone for a single client
company. Required excellent verbal, written and listening skills, while typing
answers to questions verbatim. Medical Terminology and knowledge of various
medicines was a key factor in doing the job well. Accountability was very important,
making sure applicant and client company maintain a positive relationship with
the assistance of Quality Assurance listening to calls.
• Met or surpassed quality assurance standards of zero flaws on calls.
• Track record for being on the phone when required and staying on task.
01/02 - 04/02 Allen Edison Village School Kansas City, MO
Tutor of English, Math, and Computer Applications
Tutored for the after school program, assisting 6th grade students in English and Math, and 2nd - 5th grade students in Computer Applications.
• Helped to prepare 6th grade students in English and Math for standardized tests.
• Gave instruction of Word Processing on Macintosh system to 2nd through 5th grade students.
09/99 - 01/02 Farmers Insurance Group Overland Park, KS
Insurance Agency Manager
Managed independent agency, maintained 2 staff members, solicited clients for life, health, annuities, and home and automobile insurance.
• Met or surpassed Life Insurance sales expectations for six consecutive months. Averaged 120% of quota in 2000.
• Sold to 300+ customers.
• Maintained a $600,000 book of business.
Education: 08/94 - 05/02 Park University Parkville, MO
Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Graduation Date: Earned degree 05/2002 (GPA 3.125)
08/06 – 05/11 Northwest MO St University Maryville, MO
Alternative Certification in Special Education
Graduation Date: Earned Certification 02/2011 (GPA 3.41)
06/09 - Present University of Central MO Warrensburg, MO
Master of Science of Educational Technology
Expected Graduation Date: 05/2013 (Current GPA 3.76)
08/06 – Present Northwest MO State University Maryville, MO
Master of Science Special Education
Expected Graduation Date: 05/2013 (Current GPA 3.41)
02/25/10 Special Education Law: Kansas City, MO
IDEA and Section 504
This workshop was hosted by Cross Country Education, facilitated by a practicing Attorney since 1976. More than half of this attorney’s practice concentrates on assisting children with special needs, who qualify for services under federal IDEA and 504 legislation.
CERTIFICATIONS: 08/2006-08/2009 MO Provisional Teaching Certificate-Mild/Mod
Cross Cat K-12
01/2005-07/2006 MO Substitute Certificate
09/2009-07/2010 MO Substitute Certificate
03/2010-03/2014 MO Teaching Certificate-Mild/Mod Cross Cat K-12
SKILLS: Teaching Intermediate 7 years
Sales Expert Currently used/10 years
Customer Relations Expert Currently used/10 years
MS Office (Word, Intermediate Currently used/11 years
ADDITIONAL High-energy teaching and sales professional with a proven track record of
INFORMATION: teaching and sales achievement. Knowledge of the sales industry.
Continue to develop knowledge in the field of education. Organized and strict attention to detail.
MILITARY: 05/79 - 02/84 U.S. Army SGT, Active Duty
07/98 - 10/00 U.S. Army SGT, Reserve