To strategically utilize personal and professional developments to advance community/economic development, and so by doing, promoting human development.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze problematic situations and formulate creative solutions.
• Ability to excel in a working environment that is linked to a larger organization
• Proven capability to identify and secure funding opportunities with financial accountability
• Exceptional writing, editing, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
• Informed presence and poise to work effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders
• Passionate grassroots developer in support of combating social depravities
• A strategic thinker with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Computer literate – MicroSoft Office Suite, Arcview GIS Mapping; Publisher
• Faithfully served six years in the publicly elected office of District School Board Trustee
• Honorably Discharged United States Air Force Veteran
Genesis Consulting Associates -- Professional Consultant
• Gather, analyze, and record pertinent information on individuals, foundations and corporations as part of the cultivation and fund-raising efforts of the client.
• Provide a steady stream of new prospects qualified for charitable gifts, and implement and manage all grant-related processes for Faith Based Organizations and Entrepreneurs.
• Develop business plans and conduct training sessions for community stakeholders.
• Promote grassroots organizational efforts for community and economic development. Collaborate with program managers to determine goals and objectives of funding needs for programs and oversee all aspects of developing strategies and initiatives for increasing and diversifying sustainable long-term community partnerships.
• Build the support base for new and expanding programs and leading the efforts to advance the mission of local, state and federal educational arena. Proven nonprofit start-up/expansion and management skills
• Deliver knowledge of budget setting and accounting principles experience to support Chief Operating Division, HR Policies and Procedures, and successful Project Management,
• Execute operative written and oral communication to include dynamic oral presentation skills; necessary to generate positive public relations and understand the dynamics involved in successful organizational development.
Claflin University Community Development Corporation -- Executive Director
• Established strategic partnerships with city, state and federal agencies
and officials to ensure maximum success of the corporation
• Recognized targeted residential and commercial properties
• Engaged in competitive deal structuring to benefit the CDC
• Identified sources and secure funding from appropriate agencies to enhance the ability of the organization, positively impact the community, city, and county
• Initiated community development programs which empowered residents in rural setting
• Prepared organizational budget for board approval and
• Provided program monitoring to rehab houses of poverty income level
• Promoted entrepreneurship and conducted financial literacy seminars for homeowners
• Utilized grant writing abilities to acquire funding for operations and leveraging
• Facilitated meetings, coordinated and conducted public speaking engagements
• Developed housing rehab policy and procedure manual to respond to housing needs of those who were considered to be living in poverty
• Established a newsletter which inform public of events, community contributions
Allendale County ALIVE, Community Development Corporation --Asst. Executive Director
• Communicated consistently and reliably with Board of Directors
• Facilitated the development and implementation of Downtown Economic Development projects. Collaborated with USC -Salkehatchie Entrepreneurial Development Center to assist small businesses with cash flow analysis, development of business plans and start-up capital
• Secured federal, state, and local funds, which promoted entrepreneurs and sustained small business development i.e. start up capital, reserve cash flow, and means to expand and extend their services which equated job creation and wealth
• Supervised programs that address issues of redevelopment and revitalization of blighted commercial, industrial, and residential neighborhoods and areas
• Fostered a broad approach in the youth in order to rally a sense of responsibility for the future of the community -- Faith Based Organizations were also included in this prompting.
• Provided core community development contract negotiations, document preparations and reviews.
• Provided leadership attributes for a consortium of 35 public & private agency executives and the Board Members of the Duke Foundation to 1)promote citizenry 2)address economic development deficiencies and 3)no-nonsense approach to ignite community developmenat
Allendale County Enhanced Emergency Services E-911 -- Assistant Coordinator
• Created the county-wide emergency management database
• Coordinated with local and state law enforcement agencies to provide effective aid
• Participated in the development of departmental policies and procedures
• Partnered with the S.C. State Budget and Control Board to implement programs
• Established and maintained Arc View GIS Mapping and other geographical data
• Obtained and utilized certifications necessary to execute emergency obligations. Attended Emergency Operations Training
• B.Sc. Degree: Organizational Management --- GPA 3.8 -- Voorhees College
• Associate Degree: Human Service -- Denmark Technical College -- GPA 3.7
• S. C. Economic Developers School: College of Charleston – Tate Center
• Certified Community &/ Economic Developer: SCADCDC
• Certified Grants Writer & Manager -- Research Associates, LLC
• Certified Financial Literacy Educator -- Wachovia Bank
• MSSA, Pursued a Master of Science Social Administration: Concentration – Community Development -- Case Western Reserve University (Recipient- Louis B. Stokes Fellowship)Cleveland, OH (Completed 2 of the 3 years curriculum requirement)