Bipasa Chowdhury Mobile: 07429512902
42 Avignon Road Email: Biyas2002@yahoo.co.in
Visa Status: Post Study Work Visa (U.K)
Education London Metropolitan University
February 2010-september 2011 Master’s Degree-English Literature
1st Semester modules taken:
Approaches to literary research
2nd Semester modules taken:
Literature and its context
Modernism writing and experience
Post colonial literatures
August 2007-August 2009 University Of Calcutta
Mater’s Degree-Journalism and Mass Communication
1st Year Modules taken:
Mass Communication and Media
Origin and development of the press
Journalistic ethics and Press Freedom
Electronic Journalism (radio and TV)
Editing and Reporting
2nd year Modules taken:
Advertising and Public Relations
Media Human Rights and
Criminal justice system
Communication Research and
Dissertation- Woman’s Magazine
• Adequate interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able team player with high energy level and motivation.
• Comprehensive logical and analytical abilities.
• Eager to learn.
• Capable to cope with changes.
Interests: I’m a perfectionist professional and I enjoy my work to the extreme limit. I have also an instinctive knack towards networking and always have been highly popular in social and personal circles. As a person I’m highly organized and addicted to multitasking in my daily life.
March 2010 - Present Primark Stores Ltd, London (Bromley)
Profile: Retail Associate
• Deliverance of high quality customer service at all times.
• Dealing with delivery of new stock on a daily basis.
• Controlling and regulating general monetary transaction at tills.
• In charge of store recovery of designated section.
April 2008-April 2009
IANS (Indo-Asian News Service)
Profile: Part time Intern
• Covering Multinational company launch parties and reporting back to the head office.
• Conducting interviews for beat stories, over the phone and in person.
• Convincing top management people from various companies to give interviews and quotes to our news agency.
• Travel around the city and sometimes outskirts to research on given projects.
• Frequently attending seminars arranged for journalists by companies.
To secure a dynamic position where I can contribute all my strengths and previous knowledge to acquire the objectives of the institution.
Languages known: English, Bengali, Hindi, Spanish (Basic A level).
References: Available upon request