NAME: DAVID CHUKWUMBA.
An ambitious graduate in Interactive Media Production, with an excellent understanding of the entertainment industry, and a strong background in, audio engineering, Video production and data streaming technology.
I am seeking a role as a video and audio (pre/post) production. Very keen to take challenges, and committed to provide excellent service.
• Audio Production:
Experienced in sound engineering and use of digital audio workstations for music production and sound design.
Editing Applications: Protools, Cubase, Logic, Sound Forge, Fruity loops, Reason, Audacity.
Hardware: Protools Control 24, 48 channel Neve control desk, and a wide range of audio interface.
Sound Portfolio: http://soundcloud.com/oc-man
Capable of creatively using available technology to innovate methods of delivering Interactive video content.
Example project of interactive game using YouTube available technology:
http://www.youtube.com/user/davidocman?feature=mhee (Game Available on DVD)
• Video production:
Hardware: Sony PMW Ex3 HD camera, Canon XL2 and XLH1 cameras, Use of DMX Lighting, Steady Cam, Track Dolly, Jib, Glide camera.
Editing Software: Adobe Premier pro, DVD Studio Pro, Sony Vegas, Finalcut pro, and Particle Illusion.
• Data Streaming:
Capable of setting up a professional live broadcast, streaming to computers and mobile devices (multicast) using and configuring relevant software and hardware.
Software: Windows Media Encoder, Real producer, Microsoft Expression Encoder, Quick time broadcaster.
Hardware: Vision Mixers, Cameras, Edit-decks, Sound mixers, Microphones, Routers, Servers, PC/ MAC.
Proven excellent skills in developing and publishing promotional content using relevant media.
Link to University of Derby Promotional Video:
• Effective use of Microsoft office applications, for processing word documents, presentations and data analysis.
• Working as an International student Ambassador has improved effective communication with individuals of different background and culture and also people with weak English, ensuring that excellent customer service is maintained.
• The University Marketing assistant role developed my ability to work with my own initiative and self-motivated with any work or task I involve with.
Education & Qualifications
• 2008 – 2011 University of Derby
BSc (Hons) Interactive Media Production Awarded a 2.1 (Transcripts
- Multimedia applications: producing interactive DVDs and interactive Installations.
- Streaming Media: Establishing a live broadcast to mobile devices over the internet or local networks.
- Video and audio production: Directing, Managing, producing and
delivering High definition video to professional standard (Pre/ Post
- Music business and management: Understanding how the music business
and Record companies works.
- Recording project: producing a portfolio of Music recordings and studio
management (Pre / post production).
- Professional practice: Short internship and engagement with a video
production company (JK:AK Studios).
2005 – 2007 Sokoto State Polytechnic
ND Computer Science Awarded a 2nd class first division.
1998 – 2004 Hanatu Memorial College Nigeria.
WAEC/GCSE: English C, Math C, Geography B, Chemistry A, Biology C, Agricultural Science B, Physics D, Hausa language B.
2010 - Ongoing INTERNATIONAL MARKETING ASSISTANT (University of Derby.)
Marketing the University of Derby to current and prospective International
students via the Internet and social networking sites. Generating ideas to
effectively promote the university to a specific target market region, also
performing administration and clerical duties for the marketing
2009 - Ongoing STUDENT AMBASSADOR (University of Derby).
Meeting and greeting prospective students during University open days,
giving campus tours and information, performing reception and
administration duties during University events.
Meeting and greeting international student upon arrival from airport,
guiding them through the welcome week and enrollment process,
organizing social events, also maintaining a positive and professional
attitude to making sure their first experience in the UK is Awesome..
2009-Ongoing Volunteering work for NLC charity group (UK).
Musical instrument teacher.
Available on request.