• Four years of editing, proofreading, and writing experience with a Bachelor’s degree in English.
• Extensive knowledge and application of Chicago, APA, and MLA style guidelines.
• Meticulous attention to grammar rules and fact-checking.
• Stellar academic performance proves a commitment to the acquisition of knowledge and an extensive understanding of the English language.
• University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC Graduated May 2008
o Major: Bachelor of Arts in English
o Minor: American Studies
o Overall GPA of 4.00, Chancellor’s List student
o Winner of the Glen Burne Award for Excellence in Children’s Literature
o Member of Tau Sigma National Honor Society
o Member of Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
• Freelance Copy Editor/Proofreader 2008 - Present
Edited and proofread full-length manuscripts including:
o John David Wilsey, One Nation Under God?, Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2011.
o James Dew, Science and Theology, Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2010.
o Ted Rivera, Jonathan Edwards on Worship, Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2010.
• Editorial Intern 2006 - 2007
Long Island Pulse Magazine, Patchogue, NY
o Wrote articles for each monthly issue.
o Conducted several interviews.
o Proofread every issue.
o Fact-checked information and research relevant to stories.
o Book review featured on back cover of Michael Laimo’s Fires Rising, New York, NY: Dorchester, 2008.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience in writing creative non-fiction, fiction, and news copy.
• Ability to type over 115 WPM
• Conversational French