Accomplished, highly skilled, results-oriented Editor seeks to contribute extensive publishing expertise to help company grow and meet long-term goals.
Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA (2003-2011)
Senior Editor, Criminal Justice Abstracts, a professional journal prepared in cooperation with Rutgers University Law Library
• Wrote and proofread in-depth summaries of nonfiction books, domestic and international journal articles, government reports, and policy papers dealing with criminology, courts and the legal system, education, the social and behavioral sciences, and health care.
Criminal Justice Press, a division of Willow Tree Press, Inc., Monsey, NY (1993-2003)
• Created style sheets.
• Edited journal articles, nonfiction books, and other reference materials.
• Wrote and proofread synopses of previously published
• Edited and proofread galleys.
National Association of Social Workers, Inc., New York, NY (1989-1993)
• Developed User’s Guide to operation of journal databases.
• Edited articles for the Encyclopedia of Social Work, 18th ed., and the journals
Social Work and Health and Social Work.
• Wrote reviews of journal articles, books, dissertations, and other documents for the journal Social Work Research and Abstracts.
• Supervised editorial support staff and managed relations with outside vendors.
• Proofread galleys and page proofs.
• Compiled quarterly author and subject indexes.
Deloitte, Haskins & Sells, New York, NY (1987-1989)
• Edited and proofread course materials for continuing education department of multinational accounting firm.
• Advised and consulted with authors in the preparation of manuscripts for publication.
• Reviewed work of freelance editors and proofreaders.
• Supervised support staff.
• Acted as liaison with printing suppliers.
Edited the following non-fiction books and anthologies:
• Luby, Barry J. The Uncertainties in 20th- and 21st Century Thought: Miguel de Unamuno the Precursor. Newark, DE: Juan de la Cuesta Hispanic Monographs, LinguaText, Ltd.
• Lynch, Michael J. and W. Byron Groves. A Primer in Radical Criminology 2d ed. New York, NY: Harrow and Heston.
• Armstrong, Troy L., ed. Intensive Interventions with High-Risk Youths: Promising Approaches in Juvenile Probation and Parole. Monsey, NY: Criminal Justice Press.
• Albanese, Jay, ed. Contemporary Issues in Organized Crime. Monsey, NY: Criminal Justice Press.
• Umbreit, Mark S. Victim Meets Offender. Monsey, NY: Criminal Justice Press.
• Clarke, Ronald V., ed. Crime Prevention Studies. Vol. 1-3. Monsey, NY: Criminal Justice Press.
Microsoft Word, Excel
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, City College of the City University of New York