Samuel J. Allen
208 105th St NW Oronoco, MN 55960 • 612-242-6067 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Qualifications:
Dedicated IT and audio/video systems engineer with comprehensive system design, integration, administration, and project management experience. Professional dedication in A/V technologies, production, editing and system engineering. Technically adept in solving networking, electronic, mechanical, and computer hardware and software issues.
Employment: Mayo Clinic Multidisciplinary Simulation Center Rochester, MN
Media Systems Engineer September 2005 to Present
Mayo Clinic Video Engineering Rochester, MN
A/V & IT Production Engineer (SEC) April 2004 to September 2005
Hartwig Music and Sound Minneapolis, MN
Audio to Video Composition Engineer 2002 to 2004
Mcnally Smith College of Music Saint Paul, MN
Administrative & Marketing Assistant 2002 to 2004
Mayo Civic Center Rochester, MN
Entertainment Coordination Assistant 2000 to 2001
McNally Smith College of Music St. Paul, MN
Audio Engineer 2002-Present
John Marshall High School Rochester, MN
High School Diploma 2000
Accomplishments/ Professional Experience:
• Designed, engineered, and implemented patient voice speaker, amplification and 2-way user communications system for use in hi-fidelity simulation for the Mayo Clinic Multidisciplinary Simulation Center, 2006.
• Co-managed, and designed, two high budgeted large scale multi-phased AV and IT integrations within the Mayo Clinic Multidisciplinary Simulation Center, 2005 & 2007.
• Solely designed, implemented, and engineered broadcast audio DA broadcast uplink and complete front of house sound reinforcement system for Governor Tim Pawlenty and the State of the State Address. Audio from this address was transmitted nationally. Mayo Clinic Video Engineering (William Wimsett), Rochester, MN, 2004.
• IPC (International Patent Classification) “The Sim Suit” with Mayo Clinic Health Solutions. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2010.
• Administrate and maintain all Mayo Clinic Simulation Center technologies such as: WiFi based Human Patient Simulators, Honeywell Enterprise NVR video servers and peripherals, EMS DVR servers and peripherals, SQL databases, IIS servers, master time sync servers, remote desktop computer protocols, RF and Bluetooth communications, archival video file libraries, telecomm links, Bi-amp audio over LAN control surfaces, localized LAN and wireless networks, Cisco switch monitoring and routing, B-line Video systems integration, Mass RAID storage farms, Crestron touch control systems, Tandberg Video Conference systems, Tandberg MOVI Clients, Final Cut HD video editing suites, PTZ camera controllers, Large scale A/V routers, etc. Mayo Clinic Multidisciplinary Simulation Center, 2005-present.
• Broadcast Audio engineer for more than 100 live high budget programs with Mayo Clinic. Including two Telly Award winning programs in 2004 and 2005. Mayo Clinic Video Engineering, Rochester, MN, 2004-2005.
• Solely produced, captured, edited, and musically scored multiple highly visible educational and market specific video productions. Including: Central Line Workshop Critical Care, Nephrology, General Surgery, ED, Nursing, GI, Generose Psychology, Simulation Center, The Nazarian family, Dr. John Noseworthy, Dr. William Dunn, Dr. Kionoush Kashani, Dr. David Farley, Dr. Deepi Goyal, and Respiratory Care. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2005-present.
• Designed, engineered, and implemented a required hardware and software replacement solution for a W2K OS to WXP OS upgrade. These are end user PC’s designed and configured specifically for use with the Honeywell Enterprise NVR video system. This installation saved the Mayo Clinic Institution over $167,000 in hardware alone while still serving the intended use flawlessly. Mayo Clinic Multidisciplinary Simulation Center, 2010.
• Broadcast Audio & Video Engineer with Harmony at Mayo. Mayo Clinic, Video Engineering, Rochester, MN, 2004/2005.
• Field audio technician and video assistant with Magnetic Pictures. Rochester/Minneapolis, MN, 2004/2005.
• Live broadcast audio engineer for internal and external audiences. Mayo Clinic Master Control, Rochester, MN, 2004/2005.
• Live broadcast audio uplink engineer to national TV networks such as, ABC, NBC, BBC, and FOX News. Mayo Clinic Master Control, Rochester, MN, 2004/2005.
• Live broadcast audio uplink engineer to local TV networks such as, KTTC, WCCO, KAAL, and KARE. Mayo Clinic Master Control, Rochester, MN, 2004/2005.
• Commercial audio production and musical scoring compositions for: Sound Unseen Productions, Dr. Amy Chiropractic Clinic, Kaaterskill Falls, The Delivery Method, Best Buy, Coca-Cola, and American Airlines. Hartwig Music and Sound, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, MN, 2002 to 2004.
• Live front of house audio engineer for artists such as: Gear Daddy’s, Tim Mahoney, Six Mile Grove, Pat McCurdy, Shoeless Revolution, Mark Noseworthy, and G.B. Leighton. Minneapolis/Saint Paul, MN, 2000 to present.
• 28th annual Telly Award- The Mayo Clinic Model of Care. Mayo Clinic Media Support Services, (Christian Brosz), Rochester, MN 2005.
• 27th annual Telly Award- Perspective’s In Women’s Health. Mayo Clinic Media Support Services, (Christian Brosz), Rochester, MN 2004.
• Calvary Evangelical Free Church: IT Specialist, Audio Engineer. 1996-Present.
• CrossWinds Church: IT Specialist, Audio Engineer, and Technical Coordinator. 1998-2002.
• AES (Audio Engineering Society). Member 2004.
• ASM (Audio Society of Minnesota). Member 2001.
• AVID Certified Engineer 2003.
• Digi Design Protools Certified Engineer 2003.
• Apple Final Cut Pro Certified Engineer 2003.
Personal accounts and letters of recommendation are available upon request.
Works completed are also available upon request.