Tel 847.931.0980 • Cell 630.485.9711 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercially aware and highly resourceful Senior Graphic Design Professional who blends knowledge and skills in marketing and design to produce creative, high-impact solutions. Formulates ideas, concepts, and solutions with precision and impact; utilizes a deep understanding of art and design to successfully communicate content and purpose.
• Reacts quickly to the changing needs of the customer by balancing specialized experience in marketing and graphic design with vision and strategic planning to ensure responsiveness to ongoing business demands and changes in industry trends and practices.
• A high-impact, decisive thinker with insightful project management skills and the ability to communicate with precision and impact to all levels of professionals and clientele.
AREAS OF STRENGTH
Branding • Client Relations • Content Management • Event Planning • Marketing
Presentations • Print/Electronic Media • Project Management • Social Media
Vendor Management • Website Management
Signature HomeStyles, St. Charles, IL 2008 – Present
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Builds on a career of extensive expertise to develop, implement, and manage the firm’s print and electronic marketing and design media. Effectively manages all schedules in a highly deadline-driven environment to deliver seven print catalogs, three major corporate website updates, two e-newsletters, numerous print newsletters, brochures, flyers, DVD/CD covers, direct mail pieces, and conference logos annually. Applies web expertise to update/maintain the company’s social media site, as well as manage the corporate websites for the US and Canadian companies.
• Ensures the seamless execution and delivery of the product catalogs from initial design through distribution, working closely with pre-press staff and vendors to complete the color proofing and production process.
• Successfully positioned the Graphic Design function as an integral part of operations, including collaborating closely with the company co-founder, president, marketing team, and tech crew to plan and launch the multi-media presentations for the annual three-day National Convention.
• Combined knowledge of marketing and design to creating branding and other collateral that aligns with the corporate vision.
Freelance, St. Charles, IL 2001 – 2008
Engaged by clients in a wide variety of industries to create and produce corporate identity packages and brochures, with a focus on advertising design. Worked closely with client stakeholders locally and across the US to determine business requirements and conceptualize a design solution that aligned with desired corporate messaging. Utilized previous design experience to develop and coordinate solutions including the ad design, layout, and print formatting for six community newsletters, as well as mass media/print advertising campaigns.
• Selected as Senior Art Director of a UFC Extreme Fighting magazine, managing all aspects of production including design and layout.
ADDITIONAL GRAPHIC DESIGN EXPERIENCE
Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Hilton Head Island, SC
• Engaged in this two-year contract to direct all media production for the organization’s capital campaign, which was successful in raising $6M and an endowment for a new facility.
Barnes & Noble, Inc., New York, NY
• Conceptualized and produced sales, marketing, and operational materials for buyers, distributors, and publishers; sponsor and promotional partner liaison for the “Campus America Tour” aimed at university campus stores and students.
Random House Publishing, New York, NY
• Designed monthly press kits and solicitation flyers for the international sales team.
Harcourt Brace, London, UK
• Streamlined global operations by implementing an in-house marketing system that integrated the European client databases with Tokyo, San Francisco, and Australian offices.
EDUCATION • PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
AAS, Multi-Media Graphic Design, Minnesota School of Business
BS, Marketing and Communications, Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York
Adobe Photoshop CS4, Illustrator CS4, InDesign CS4, Dreamweaver CS4, QuarkXPress • Microsoft Word, PowerPoint