THOMAS CHARLES MILLER
530 NORTH BLOODWORTH ST
RALEIGH, NC 27604
PRE PRESS, OCTOBER 2002-OCTOBER 2011- NEWS & OBSERVER PUBLISHING COMPANY
- Oversee the process and procedure between the print layout and the final printing, including the state, final, and makeover editions of the N&O live run. Also, paginating ten community papers, NC State Technician, various special sections and commercial runs.
- Position encompassed three stages;
o Pagetech; maintain workflow using CCI Newsgate, Adobe Indesign, and Paperman for the online edition.
o Image tech; monitor image setter and chemistry to insure high quality film is developed.
o Platemaking; exposing negatives onto photosensitive emulsion coated plates in a vacuum frame. Checking quality of processed plates.
TREE CLIMBER/GROUNDMAN, AUGUST 1999-FEBRUARY 2002, GREEN TREE EXPERTS
- Pruning, takedown, and removal of trees.
- Maintain various equipment and vehicles.
- Delivering pulp wood and saw logs to the lumber yard.
- Operation of a diesel Bobcat.
B.A. Psychology, June 1996, State University of New York at Albany
Computer: Adobe Indesign, Adobe Acobat Professional, CCI Newsgate, Adobe Photoshop
Creative: 20 years painting and sculpting in various media. Displaying work in group and solo shows in numerous galleries.
References available on request