Summary: Analytically-oriented professional with extensive experience at medium-sized accounting firm. Portfolio includes privately held small to mid-sized companies in diverse industries, including, professional services, wholesalers, real estate, construction and non-profits. Excellent communicator, possessing the ability to work equally well in both a team-oriented and self-directed environment. Strong multi-tasking skills demonstrated through successfully completing projects within time and budget constraints.
Key Accomplishments: Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
Smolin, Lupin & Co. PA July 1999-July 2011
• Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for wide variety of business entities.
• Prepare tax returns and conduct tax research for C and S status corporations, non profits, partnerships, and individuals.
• Prepare year-end projections and estimates.
• Prepare quarterly and annual payroll tax returns, monthly and quarterly sales tax returns, worker’s compensation audits and handles inquiries from state and federal governments.
• Install, update and train clients on new accounting software and assists clients with computer conversions and support needs.
• Assist in training new staff and delegating assignments.
Dante Associates, LLC (DBA Dante Tuxedos) July 1974 – Jan. 1999
Linden, New Jersey
POSITION: Controller/Office Manager
• Oversaw and directed all aspects of financial administration for 20 high-volume retail chain stores. Verified daily receipts and reports. Maintained accounts receivable, payable functions and the general ledger. Prepared bank deposits and reconciled bank records. Researched and resolved related discrepancies.
• Coordinated the payroll process, calculated sales commissions and submitted to ADP.
• Instrumental in successful conversion from a manual accounting system to a computerized system. Utilized Peachtree, Lotus 1-2-3 and Word Perfect to complete assignments.
• Worked closely with accountant in preparing yearly reports.
• Trained and supervised support staff. Delegated assignments and monitored performance.
• Scheduled office staff of 5-10 employees, coordinated and approved vacation time for entire company.
• Engaged in all aspects of human resources including employee medical benefit set-up and follow-up. Negotiated contract terms with carriers, ensuring optimum services at cost-efficiency.
• Organized material for advertisement in local newspapers and the yellow pages. Coordinated special promotions’ advertisement.
• Worked with advertising agencies in developing various bridal and prom campaigns including radio, cable and magazines. Compiled and prepared mass mailings and related printed materials.
• Collected and monitored building rents for 20 strip malls. Oversaw a $4M rent roll. Prepared leases.
Rutgers University Kean University
Brunswick, NJ Union, NJ
Bachelor of Science Degree in Education-1978 Post-Baccalaureate Degree in Accounting-
Completed Jan. 2009