30425 SW 193rd Court • Homestead, FL 33033 • T: 305-247-3599 • C: 786-255-2607 email@example.com
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly organized and detail-focused Bookkeeper with an exceptional track record of accurately handling financial reporting in deadline-oriented environments.
• Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting debits and credits, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data. Skilled in Both GAAP and FASB accounting practices.
• Expertise in developing and delivering monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for management within tight deadlines.
• Proficiency in managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, generating invoices and monthly statements for clients.
• Proven ability to identify and implement improvements to streamline processes and increase efficiency and productivity.
• Experience in management and customer relations.
• Excellent computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, and QuickBooks and able to learn proprietary systems/applications quickly and easily. Created syllabus and taught classes in software use to fellow employees. A limited working knowledge of networking and basic computer repair.
• QuickBooks Pro Certified
• Monthly Reports
• Inventory Management & Costing • Budget Preparation
• Proficient in Word & Excel
• Payroll & Human Resources • Financial Statements
• State & Federal Reporting
EDUCATION & SPECIAL SKILLS
Homestead Senior High Graduate
QuickBooks Pro 2011 Certification
Accounting and Financial Reporting for Independent Schools 17 Professional Credits
Certification in ADP Accounting, Payroll and Systems Administration
Completed course on Basics on Inventory Management.
10-Hour OSHA Certification Training
Notary Public – State of Florida
Demandt Architecture – Miami, FL 2011 – Present
Full-Charge Bookkeeper, Human Resource Manager, Secretary
Responsible for Bookkeeping functions in a small Architecture Firm, Payroll Processing and updating employment files to encompass federal laws. General secretarial work to owner.
• Updated Accounting System in QuickBooks for better transparency of Job Costing
• Updated Payroll processing and created employee handbook.
First Foliage, LLC – Homestead, FL 2007 – 2011
Inventory Control, Full-Charge Bookkeeper, Human Resource Manager
Responsible for the costing and tracking of over twenty five million dollars in inventory on excel spreadsheets. Handle all accounting functions for the Texas location in QuickBooks 2010. Tracking fixed assets and preparing reports for the tangible tax returns. Preparing and reporting sales tax. Posting payroll and handling all human resource issues for 300 plus employees.
• Created a more effective inventory process with better accuracy.
• Created costing worksheets for better transparency of costing methods.
• Streamlined payroll and human resource forms.
The Academy at Ocean Reef – Key Largo, FL 2002 – 2007
Manage all financial transactions, posting debits and credits, producing financial statements, and recording all transactions. Prepare management reports and financial summaries, creating yearly budgets, and generating annual reports as required for a non-profit organization. Generate bank deposits, verify and balance receipts. Create invoices and track overdue accounts. Manage payroll and prepare payroll tax returns. Research and resolve billing and collections disputes. Also, responsible for overseeing facilities management.
• Supported a significant increase in productivity levels by streamlining accounting processes by installing more efficient accounting software designed for the non-profit sector.
• Prepared and delivered to management, under extremely quick turnaround timelines, accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
• Supported and helped organize all fundraising events
Florida National Parks & Monuments Association – Homestead, FL 2000 – 2002
Full-Charge Bookkeeper & Office Manager
Ensured accurate and timely processing of accounting data to include A/P, A/R, G/L, and Payroll. Prepared financial statements, budget reports and graphs for the president and board of directors.
• Demonstrated talent for quickly learning new tasks and completing assignments ahead of schedule while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
World Ford Kendall & Homestead - Homestead, FL 1998-2000
Position: Systems Administrator & Accounting Clerk
UCS System Administrator for two stores. Performed hardware and
software installations and repair. Set up networks. Forms Building.
Accounts Payable. Inventory Control. Bank Reconciliation.
Potamkin South & North 1996-1998
Position: Systems Administration & Accounting
ADP Systems Administration , Payroll , Executive Secretary
Car Ink, Inc. 1995-1996
Position: Administrative Assistant
Performed all Secretarial duties for president
of company. Bookkeeping to include A/P, A/R, Billing and
Payroll using Peachtree accounting software.
Computer software tech support.
Bell Ford Nashville, TN 1992-1995
Position: Executive Secretary
Executive Secretary to President. Payroll, A/R and Inventory Control.
*Additional Work History Available upon request