A position requiring a broad range of communications project management skills, including writing and editing.
• Marketing/communications professional with 16 years of experience in writing, editing, marketing, print and online advertising and vendor management.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
EXPERIENCE ABC LABORATORIES, September 2010-September 2011
Senior Marketing Communications Specialist
• Managed marketing communications projects to support the company’s strategic marketing plan. Responsibilities included writing content for electronic marketing campaigns, writing content for the company website, internal communications, press releases and biographies.
• Worked with subject matter experts to research topics for development of electronic marketing campaigns.
COMSYS (Sprint), July 2009-September 2010
Web Content Writer
• Wrote content and banner ads for the “Support” section of www.sprint.com.
OASIS OUTSOURCING (a $2 billion national human resources company), September 2006-July 2009
• Managed a wide variety of projects to generate leads, increase brand awareness and support client retention. Responsibilities included project management of four client newsletters print and online advertising, client e-mails and other promotional materials.
• Coordinated design and layout with graphic designers and photographers.
• Worked with corporate subject matter experts to research, develop and write promotional materials to support strategic initiatives.
• Created and maintained content on www.oasisadvantage.com.
• Named “Employee of the Quarter” in August 2008.
FERATECH, INC., December 2004-September 2006
Web Content Writer/Team Leader
• Wrote web content and managed a team of writers who wrote content for new and existing sales and informational websites on a variety of topics.
• Used SEO techniques to increase Google’s Page rank of these sites.
AMERICAN CENTURY INVESTMENTS, INC., August 1991–August 2003
Communications Specialist, May 2002-August 2003
• Managed a variety of communications projects including writing communications plans; investor e-mails, postcards, mailings, brochures, fliers and web content.
Sr. E-mail Specialist, February 2000-May 2002
• Responded to investor e-mails from the company’s website, which required excellent writing and editing skills, knowledge of the website and contact with people at all levels of the company.
• Assisted in redesigning the “Contact Us” page for the website.
Keller Graduate School of Management
• Completed half of the master’s degree program in Project Management
University of Missouri, Kansas City
• BA in Communications, Mass Media emphasis, December 1996.
Former Registered Representative
• Passed the Series 6 and 63 exams administered by the NASD in 1995.