João Rei Villar – EMMY WINNER 2011
Mr. Villar is an eclectic and outstanding creative, with great academic and professional competences, supported by a strong, general culture background, with more than 15 years of work experience. He has the ability to create and lead projects from the very beginning and is very precise about detail and data analysis. He has a natural ability for communication and motivation within teamwork. Also can work by himself and take any project in to his own hands.
HIGHLIGHT: Mr. Villar was winner of the EMMY´s 2011 (Outstanding International Soap – Telenovela).
At the present he works as cover supervisor teacher, attached to the drama department, at William Parker School in Hastings, East Sussex.
• Screenwriter at SP Televisão –Credits:
o Cidade Despida (***** City) RTP 1 2010. 13 episodes. 6 Nominations at the Montecarlo Festival 2010 . Nominated for the best Portuguese fictional series 2011. Awarded Best fictional series in Russia 2011
o Maternidade (Maternity) RTP 1 2011 Adaptation 13 episodes.
o Laços de Sangue SIC TV 2011 / with TV GLOBO Brasil. 150 episodes. “EMMY AWARDS 2011” winner at "telenovela" category.
o Perfeito Coração (Perfect Heart) SIC TV 2009 81 episodes.
o The Box (Short Movie) – 2009
o La vie en Gris (Short Animation Movie) 1988 with National Film Board of Canada. World Honour Distinction 1988
• Executive Producer - for RTP - “Logomédia, Centro de Produção e Difusão Audiovisual. (August 1999 - May 2003).
o Support Manager and Supervisor of Teamwork Leading about 30 - 50 Persons. Executing Teamwork Planning. Daily co-ordination of (Live on Tape Recording) “Ecclesia” The official news of Catholic Church in Portugal - RTP 2 – Produced more than one thousand programs. VT operator on record.
o Delegated Producer in “BCP TV” - Internal Broadcast TV Channel of the biggest private Bank in Portugal - Banco Comercial Português (Actually the BCP Millennium Corporate Bank)
o Visit of the Holiness Pope John Paul II to Portugal May 2000 - TV Producer to the Fátima Sanctuary
o Presenter of the Kids challenge “Demand of Treasure” Ecclesia Kids Summers special edition- RTP2 – August 2002
• Logistics Co-Manager at the Sounding and polls and Statistics company. (1997-1999)
• Creative Director at the Communication Agency WIN – Lisbon, (1996,1997)
• Motion Designer - Openings for TV and publicity - Duvideo Producers (1993)
• Marketing Director, Media Relations. Events Manager at H.Mares.
o Portuguese National representative brand of: (BAYLINER, SEADOO, HO Skis, SEALINE Yatch, LASER...)( 1991 / 1994 )
• Radio Presenter and Journalist – Radio Marginal, Cascais (1988)
• Political Marketing Consultant – Since 1994 (Portugal, Mozambique and UK).
• Master / Post-grade in Broadcast and multimedia.
o ESCS – Media Superior Institute University Lisbon (2008/2009)
• Communication Design Degree.
o Design & Marketing Superior Institute (IADE) - Lisbon 1991/1995
• Cinema, Television and Advertising Movies Pos-grade.
o UM University Lisbon with I@T Institute (1998/2000)
• Web Design Course.
o Cenjor Institute of Media and Journalism Lisbon (2006)
• Animated cartoons course – Animathon International.
o Council of Cascais Portugal with National Film Board of Canada (1988)
• Mother language: Portuguese.
• Other languages: Fluent in English and Spanish. Comprehensive in French and Italian.
• Musical Theatre Summer School
o Guildhall School of Music and Drama – London (2006)
• Acting Studies
o UM University Lisbon with TZM Productions and the Stella Adler Conservatory of New York. (2000/2002)
SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• A multi skilled natural team leader.
• Direction, production and management of teams in theatre, broadcasting and TV shows. Worked as a drama teacher in both Portugal and United Kingdom.
• High skills and knowledge of Marketing and Political Marketing
• Can use several types of Creative software, such as Corel Draw, Adobe Creative Suite CS5 (flash, illustrator indesign photoshop), AVID and Premier.
• KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES.
• Cinema, Acting & Theatre
• Music as Piano player and singer
• Politics & Political Marketing
• Horse Riding
• Alpine Ski
SP Televisão: http://www.sptelevisao.pt/