Angela M. Johnson
916 21st Street Rock Island, IL 61201 ¦ 309-479-7189 ¦ 309-428-7305 ¦ email@example.com
To obtain a Graphic Design position with a growing company utilizing my design skills in Illustration, Typography and Web Design.
American InterContinental University Hoffman Estates, IL
Bachelor of Fine Arts Present
• Concentration: Graphic Design
• Expected Graduation: November 2011
• Relevant Coursework:
o Computer Design I & II
o Advanced Graphic Design I &II
o Visual Communication History
o Business Practices in Visual Communications
o Design Development I & II
o Senior Design Development I & II
o Typography Design II & III
Associate of Arts in Business Administration 2010
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Master Suite software CS4-CS5: Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Flash, Dreamweaver, and Fireworks.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software: Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook.
• Knowledgeable in Both Windows and Mac.
Graphic Design Skills
• Design posters, brochures, logos, corporate I.D., promotional items, packaging design, conceptual thinking, typography
• Skills in illustration, visual communication, multi component campaign, and web design.
• Developed a logo for a Web start-up company and created a package of promotional pieces to help support my Web design business in course assignment.
• Developed a corporate identity for the Graphical Arts Gallery and Academy (AGAG) an assignment which included an abstract logo.
• Poster design that shows images of a famous graphic designer work of the 1920's. Created a book cover design using the concept of a scavenger hunt and combined elements of heat, desert and lawn.
• Designed a multi component Olay Advanced Quench Body Wash & Lotion all in one design for a skilled course which consisted of a $100,000 budget by the Procter & Gamble Company.
Text Layout Skills
• Selected style and size of type and arranged layout based upon available space, knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
• Reviewed final layout and adjusted improvements, requested by the client as needed.
• Created a newspaper layout, spec sheet, and two proofs of how to organize the information.
• Designed a six panel brochure for a new line of clothing for a publishing firm.
• Created a student brochure marketing strategy, poster, and webpage targeting the community for AGAG.
Customer Service Representative Group O - Milan, IL 2008-2009
Customer Service Representative Riverside Staffing - Davenport, IA 2007-2008
Bio Tech II ZLB Plasma Services - Rock Island, IL 2002-2005