To establish a long-term career in computer support and software training with a large reputable organization
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
• Certified Quality Manager Diploma, The American University in Cairo - [From: Sept. 2001 To: May 2002]
• Professional Diploma in TQM, The American University in Cairo - [From: Sept. 2000 To: July 2001]
• Professional Program in Quality & ISO -9000, The American University in Cairo - [From: Sept. 1996 To: May 1997]
• (2596) Managing Microsoft systems management server 2003, Microsoft Egypt - [Jan. 2005]
• Implement MS Win2003 professional & Server, IBM Egypt - [From: Oct. 2003 To: Nov. 2003]
• B.Sc. Social Work, Higher Institute of Social Work in Cairo, Egypt.- [From: 1984 To: 1988]
Computer Support, Metro Social Services – [Nov 2010 till present]
• Windows server 2003 and ISA server Installation and Management
• Software and hardware support
• Network installation and support
• Analyze and develop a customized software solution for most of the organization’s activities
Computer Academic Manager, Michigan Academy Egypt (MAE) - [Jun 2006 till May 2010]
Microsoft gold certified partner, Microsoft CPLS and Michigan Academy franchisee, MAE provides Computer, Soft skills and English courses.
• Oversaw all academic operations and management of a center and outsourced educational services to six universities.
• Prepared, supervised and led workshops to orient new teachers
• Developed and maintained productive relationships with all key stakeholders.
• Defined and design software system architectures for the Academy management computer systems.
• Determined systems specifications and identified input/output processes.
• Analyzed and examined client existing business models and flow of data.
• Discussed findings with the client, and design an appropriate improved solution.
• Translated client requirements into highly specified project briefs.
• Identified options for potential solutions and assessed them for both technical and business suitability.
• Created logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Oversaw developers to ensure technical compatibility.
• Oversaw the implementation plan of the system.
• Managed projects from meeting with clients to determine their requirements, till having the system go live with all related activities including test plan and end-user training.
Trainer and Computer Specialist, the American University in Cairo (AUC) – [Apr 1996 till Jun 2006]
• Prepared and taught classes and led workshops for new software for students, staff and faculties.
• Developed a user guide for CALL software for instructors and students.
• Installed, maintained and administered
• Developed and maintained designated computer security systems, passwords, and file protection protocols
• Planned, organized, directed and controlled the information system and electronic data processing.
• Managed annual operating budget
• Designed and administered ELI audio listening final exams.
• Overseeing and prioritizing the maintenance of computer software; diagnosing and repairing network software problems; working with outside vendors for major repairs.
• Searching and evaluating new CALL “Computer Assisted Language Learning” software.
• Provided technical assistance on vendor issues, services, programs, software, etc.
• Worked efficiently and effectively with various software, operating systems “both IBM and Apple, and databases systems to include installation, upgrades, maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Presented to the university faculty and staff IT technological alternatives to streamline office functions and improving productivity.
Volunteer Center Director, Saint Mary Language Center (SMLC) – [May 1999 till Jan 2006]
A not for profit organization provides Computer and English Classes
• Oversaw the establishment of the center and the development of curriculum of courses in language and computer software training (Microsoft office, …………….).
Administration and Marketing Analyst, ELS Egypt – [Aug 2001 till May 2002]
• Designed and implemented information systems (databases) for class schedule control, students’ database, etc.
• Developed and implemented the marketing plan
• Developed a quality assurance measures to ensure the quality of the services provided at the center.
Software and Hardware Support, Arab Consulting Engineers - [Nov 1992 till Mar 1996]
• Researching and reviewing new technology of computer sets and accessories at local and international markets.
• MICS "Management Information & Control System" Program Using MS ACCESS Data Base
• Free Lance IT consultant, The American Embassy in Cairo
In charge of Systems analysis, development and maintenance of the AECWA membership database program.
From: Sep. 2001 till: May, 2010
* Software analysis, development and maintain the commission’s mailing system, Delegation of the European commission in Egypt
* MS Access instructor at one of the AID development projects
From: April 2000 till: July 2000
* Publisher for the Payroll System manual, technical editor assist and help file builder at Intercom
From: Jan. 1996 till: July 1996
* Publisher at Saudi Soft (MS Access Project).
From: Feb. 1994 till: June 1994
* Book Setting on MAC “Structure Mechanics and Engineering”.
From: Mar. 1992 till: Aug. 1993
* Free Lance Computer Instructor
* Trainer & Support for a Computerized AV Language Lab at Arab Banking Institute
From: May 1995 till: Aug. 1995