Lecturer, with one and a half year of teaching experience. Specialty areas include Literature, Translation and Communication. Dedicated and hardworking teaching professional committed to instilling an appreciation for English Literature to all students.
• Motivating Students Problem Solving
• Interactive teaching/learning Public relation
• ESL – English as Second Language
• Classroom management
• Positive learning environment
• Performance assessments
• Critical thinking
• Computer proficient
• Effective listening
• Inquiry-based learning
• Active listening skills
• Classroom discipline
• Introduced new learning methods to ensure total comprehension for all students.
• Introduced and encouraged debate-style classroom setting to increase student active participation and critical
• Volunteered as temporary student guidance counselor to help resolve student personal issues
Dynamic Teaching Techniques
• Instructed students in academic subjects using variety of techniques such as phonetics, multisensory learning, and repetition to reinforce learning
Student Progress Conferences
• Conducted conferences with parents, administrators, testing specialists and social workers to discuss educational plans designed to promote students’ educational/social development.
• Served as student mentor and counselor for students when academic problems and personal adjustments arose, meeting with guardians to reach solutions.
September 2009 to March 2011
Patna University – Patna, Bihar, India
Education and Training
St. Karen’s High School
Intermediate- Hindi, English, Philosophy, Sociology, Sanskrit
Bachelor in English literature
Masters in English Literature with translation and linguistics as optional subject
Certificate in Advance diploma in Creative writing
Registration pending for PHD
The information provided above is true to the best of my knowledge.