Administrative Assistant/Member Service Associate, TRAK Services, Washington DC
• Created professional graphs, charts and presentations in Microsoft Office for internal use and web publication.
• Managed data entry, maintenance, and research through Access and private databases.
• Processed outgoing and incoming mail, including checks and credit card payment information.
• Generated invoices, receipts, order forms and other financial documents.
• Interfaced with both clients and supervisors on a daily basis, ensuring pleasant and professional interactions.
• Monitored departmental email, routed client inquiries, and responded to clients via phone and email.
Independent Contractor, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore MD
• Edited, proofread and formatted a project proposal to build a new Shock Trauma hospital overseas.
• Translated data into professional high-impact visuals such as graphs and charts.
Program Development Intern, Visions In Action, Washington DC
• Researched and wrote sections of a US government grant proposal dealing with community food programs for vulnerable populations, specifically children in refugee communities.
• Analyzed US census data and existing food programs to identify the unmet and underserved community needs.
Teacher Assistant, City of Lowell Public Schools Refugee Summer School, Lowell, MA
• Assisted certified teacher in a second and third grade class for refugee children with limited English proficiency
• Served as Arabic speaking staff person for the building.
Project Coordinator, International Medical Equipment Collaborative, North Andover, MA
• Managed preparation and logistics for 39 international projects that equipped hospitals and clinics in developing countries with medical equipment and supplies, accounting for 52% of the total projects completed in 2009.
• Handled all projects with the largest NGO partner, strengthened the relationship and was able to deliver 25% more projects than estimated.
• Developed a comprehensive project tracking system, including introducing project identification numbers, resulting in greater efficiency and refining of the IMEC organizational process.
• Scheduled and interacted with multiple corporate and private volunteer groups.
• Assisted global and African coordinators in securing project approvals and expediting project completions.
Intern, Hands Along the Nile Development Services, Inc., Arlington, VA
• Wrote promotional reports on significant programs and events for fundraising purposes.
• Established an efficient system for tracking contestant entries in a major essay contest.
• Managed communications with contestants by mail, telephone and email.
• Prepared mailings and promotional materials and maintained the donor database.
• Created expense reports and reconciled receipts and records with credit card statements.