Arin Quintel, Artist
20 Route 236, A4
Berwick, ME 03901
OBJECTIVE: I am a semi-retired graphic designer and illustrator looking for part time freelance work in any of the following areas: graphic design or illustration. I enjoy both types of work, but the work I'm enjoying most right now is pet portraits, and as an animal lover, I donate 10% of profits to organizations that help animals. I lived in Portland, Maine for over 23 years, and commuting on a limited basis is okay.
SKILLS OVERVIEW: Fluent in Mac OS X and Windows; Programs mastered: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Kompozer for web design, Acrobat, and more. Extremely versatile drawing style and book illustration.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: • The Forecaster (a small weekly newspaper based in Falmouth, ME), where I worked as a graphic designer from 1996-2006. • Filene’s Department Store in Natick, MA where I worked creating display signs among various other graphic design duties, from early 1995 to mid 1996. • Konica Quality Photo in South Portland, ME, where I designed point-of-purchase and other display materials for photofinishing accounts, and assisted the department manager in acquiring quotes and ordering printing, from late 1987 to late 1994. Prior experience is in design layout before the implementation of computers (cut and paste). From 2006 until 2011 I did graphic design work for The Senior Times newspaper, and The Weekly Sentinel. In between jobs I have volunteered at animal shelters and raising money for food pantries.
PARTIAL FREELANCE CLIENT LIST:
• Career Management Associates, Portland, ME
• Clarity Consulting Group, Portland, ME
• Skymart, Inc., Portland, ME
• Waynflete School, Portland, ME
• Peace Lady Painting, Portland, ME
• Cauldron & Labrys Stage Company, Portland, ME
• Springcliffe Designs, Cumberland, ME
• LY Designs, Stamford, CT
• National Empowerment Center, Lawrence, MA
• A New View, Berwick, ME
• The Senior Times newspaper, Portsmouth, NH
• Golden Rainbow Times newspaper and web design, Boston, MA
• Debbie Trueheart, Living Into Wholeness workshops
EDUCATION: • B.F.A. in Art, Magna *** Laude,
Plymouth State University in Plymouth, NH • Graduate credits with Saint Joseph’s College of Maine • Various workshops and continued education at Maine College of Art in Portland, ME. Member, North American Artist Society, registered works.
• Suzanne Piecuch, c/o The Forecaster in Falmouth, ME, (207) 781-3661
• Deborah Bouchard, Kennebunk 207-251-3114
• Maggie McCauley, Portland, ME 207-676-1007
• Elaine Page, Thornhill, Ontario, Canada 905-763-7922