Detail oriented freelance graphic designer with extensive experience in small business branding and marketing, with concentration in ad specialties and promotional products.
Developed brand identities, promotional product artwork and advertisements for clients in politics, retail, high tech, professional services, hospitality and health care industries. Exceptional multi-tasking skills. Able to manage several time sensitive projects simultaneously, accustomed to performing in deadline driven environments with emphasis on creativity and quality control.
Accustomed to utilizing creative and efficient skills in typography, page layout and advertising with a background in photography and fine arts to create well-balanced work, while also proving to be an asset to your team.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Over 18 years of extensive experience in graphic design and desktop publishing.
- Bachelor of Arts - Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
- Demonstrated ability to produce a wide variety of graphic products including displays, newsletters, campaign literature, business cards, letterheads, postcards, corporate identity, forms, menus, promotional material, invitations, fliers, hard cover books as well as different training materials.
- Proficient on Macintosh OSX - PageMaker, QuarkXPress, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Creative, strong communication skills and consistently meet deadlines.
As the designer, I will need a clear project description (such as a logo, website or three-fold brochure), the target audience, a tentative budget and a rough timeline. In turn I send you a proposal outlining what is included (a certain number of initial design ideas, a specific number of revisions, final product, etc.) and what is not included (printing costs, multiple major revisions, etc.), and who does what in terms of writing text, supplying photographs, proofreading or other related tasks.
When the proposal is accepted, we'll discuss concept, layouts and schedules, before being presented with a mock-up of a potential design (or designs). Typically (but not always) I will oversee the project through the printing process -- whether or not this is included in the cost estimate.