JOHNNY R. GARCIA g r a p h i c -design- a r t i s t
p r I n t p r o d u c t i o n s o l u t I o n s
To whom this may concern;
I am an energetic individual who likes new challenges. Always have been a self starter and require minimal supervision.
You will find my practice to be professional in demeanor with 110% dedication.
A Hands-on performer “roll-up-sleeves” with a can-do attitude. I seek results.
I look forward to hearing from you.
• Operations Management (i.e. Customer Handling, Production Time and Material Reviews, Job Scheduling, Job Costing, Production Scheduling and Purchasing.
• Product Branding & Labeling, Print Advertising Collateral & Specialties, Print Media Inserts, Instructional Guides, Corporate Catalogs and Competition Marketing Review for Product Placement, Photographic Art Direct and more…
• Print Media Design/Production Artist with strong working skills in layout and conceptual design methods. IBM platform applications. Pagemaker, CorelDraw, Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark Xpress, Scanning and other software driven devices.
HEWilliams Carthage, Missouri 2007 to 2010
Design Engineer Outdoor Division
HEWilliams Acquired a California based outdoor lighting company to expand to their existing product line. Working for the California based company, I relocated to Missouri and aided in the launch of their new division.
AREA LIGHTS ? DECORATIVE ? POST TOP ? BOLLARDS ? STEP LIGHTS ? POLES
• Worked with committee to develop production line requirements
• Established material vendor contacts and distribution of tooling
• Member of review committee and engineering product development
• Evaluate material take-offs and order entry for accuracy
• Assisted with production of newly launched products
• Involved in marketing collateral. Spec. Sheets, Install Guides, Catalog and Product Guides
• Involved in all aspects of product expansion
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY continued….
Delta Lighting Company, Inc. Corona, California 2001 to 2007
Graphic Artist – Engineering Assistant
As a consulting Graphic Artist and later employed, my position consisted of the production, design and development of their product catalogs, presentational and engineering submittal cut sheets. Aware of my previous studies and experience in architectural and mechanical drafting I soon became involved, working along side the Engineering department.
• Enhanced order entry nomenclature
• Computer based generated graphics – Body copy and Product Illustrations
• Photography Set-up and image fusion – Cover designs
• Working with Architectural and Engineering departments for product specifications
• Client cut-sheet & engineering drawing submittals
• Implement lighting product and manufacturing improvements
• Research industry product development and marketing trends
Ad-Venture Graphics Alta Loma, California 1994-2003
Self Employed Graphics Artists – Print Media Brokerage
Design/Production Artist of various advertising collateral and product literature. Client base consisted of Trade Printers, Retail - Wholesale Businesses, Corporate and Industrial Manufacturing organizations throughout the States. Previous owner of a mid-sized trade and retail printing business.
PRODUCT PACKAGING ? CORP. BRANDING ? ADVERTISING ? BUSINESS LITERATURE
• Designer / Production Artist using computer generated graphics
• Consultant for Printing, Advertising and Pre-Press system solutions
• Provide Graphic Art services for the Trade and End-Users (Wide product base knowledge)
• Service bureau file preparation for multiple output medias
• Photography studio set-up and direct.
• Customer handling, Job costing, Scheduling and Vendor Liaison
PREVIOUS EMPLOYEMENT OUTLINE
• InkTech – Art Director & Graphics Arts Production / Riverside, CA 1990-1994
• Cal Spas – Print Dept. Director & Graphic Arts Production / Pomona, CA 1988-1990
• Jatco Printing & Graphics – Business Owner & Graphic Artist / Pasadena, CA 1981-1988
• Boyle Engineering – Civil Draftsman and Presentational Artist / Irvine, CA