Since relocating to Hamilton in 2011, my goals have been:
• to fuse this city’s diverse views of art, culture and education into a new vibrant paradigm
• to ensure that the next generation of Canadians have an opportunity to understand and appreciate their community, their heritage and their environment through the rich spiritual ethos that Hamiltonians and Canadians possesses
• to use my diverse experience to mentor people of all ages, to attain their goals and bring a sense of gratification to their everyday lives
Through my involvement with several cultural institutions as a Media Coordinator, Museum Services Coordinator, Freelance Lecturer, Board Trustee and Organizational Founder; I have been able to do groundbreaking work to achieve these goals.
2011 Tourism Toronto - WBEY (We've Been Expecting You)
2010 St. John Ambulance Ontario
Standard First Aid with CPR Level A
2010 The Education Safety Association of Ontario
WHMIS Train the Trainer
2010 Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto
Diversity, Training and the Workplace - Accredited Course
2009 Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto
Advanced Spiritual Care Visitor - Accredited Course
2008 Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto
Spiritual Care Visitor - Accredited Course
2001 - 1991 (Chan) Zen Buddhist Order of Hsu (Xu) Yun, Various Temples
Received Precepts (1995), Dharma Worker (1996) and Dharma Teacher (1998)
1996 - 1992 Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo
Bachelor of Arts – History & Religion and Culture
Conferences & Awards
Present- 2004 Lecturer at several Earth-Based Spiritualities Conferences & Festivals
2010 President’s Award – Lakeshore Arts
2004 Canadian Delegate - Mythic Journeys Conference, Atlanta, Georgia
2002 Attendant - Association for Children's Museum Conference, Ottawa, Ontario
2000 Lecturer and Rhodes Honours recipient - The Vienna School, Vienna, Austria
2002 - 1994 Various Employment Accolades (i.e. “Outstanding Team Leader”, “M.V.P.”)
1991 Delegate - Leadership in Volunteer Efforts Conference, North Bay, Ontario
1991 Canadian Volunteer Service Youth Award
2011 - 2008 Spiritual Care Visitor, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto
• Assist with the spiritual care for the clients of CAMH through regular interactive activities (e.g. playing card games).
• Provide on-call and in-house service to practitioners of Earth-based Spiritualities within the CAMH facilities through the Queen Street site.
2011 Organizer, For Our Fathers (Mimico Square), Toronto, Ontario
• Working with the Mimico by the Lake BIA, to inspire community spirit through a free public concert and interactive ceremony.
2010 Ritual Officiant, The Lantern Project/Mimico Square, Toronto, Ontario
• Working with Lakeshore Arts, to create and facilitate a Lantern lighting ceremony for the opening of Mimico Square (City of Toronto park).
2009 - 2004 Organizer and Media Coordinator, PPD International
2008 - 2003 Organizer, Toronto Pagan Pride Day, Toronto, Ontario
• Inspire the diverse communities who follow an Earth-based spiritual practise, by linking the abundance of wisdom with artistic, environmental and social interests.
• Plan workshops, community events, and fund-raising initiatives to support various Not-for-Profit programming.
2006 - 2004 Trustee/Board Chair, Waterfront Trail Artists, Etobicoke, Ontario
• Inspire the creative community to regenerate the Lake Shore strip by linking the abundance of creative talent with community artistic interest and their social needs.
• Develop workshops, community events, and fund-raising initiatives to support the Waterfront Trail Artist organization.
2004 Federal Candidate – Etobicoke-Lakeshore riding, Green Party of Canada
1995-1996 Community Relations Trustee, Waterloo Regional Arts Council, Kitchener, Ontario
• Managed the “Save Market Lane” project, which successfully regenerated area businesses.
• Encouraged community interest in the profusion of artistic talent in the Waterloo region.
• Created event advertising and fund-raising initiatives to support local artisans.
1994-1995 Director of Sponsors, Laurier University Charity Council, Waterloo, Ontario
• Founding member who formed its code of conduct and organizational programs
• Started the “Eat Right/Think Right” program, providing breakfasts to over 900 children
Present-2008 All Seasons Church of Canada, Toronto, Ontario [May]
• Provincially-licensed to solemnize weddings
• Specialize in personalized, civil, non-denominational weddings or spiritual wedding ceremonies, performed at a location of the clients’ choosing.
• Advise clients who are requesting an official marriage of the legal requirements and procedures necessary.
• For more information: www.allseasonsweddings.com/officiants.
Present-2003 Textile Museum of Canada, Toronto, Ontario [June]
Museum Services Coordinator
• Supervised volunteers and coordinate weekend administrative projects
• Prepared statistical data, in addition to financial administration (invoicing, bank deposits), databases upkeep and source spreadsheets.
• Cared for the physical needs of the Museum (e.g. monitoring rH & temperature levels of the galleries and collection storage) and provide security.
• Coordinated event and rental functions including booking, set-up, and general customer service.
2011-2004 Nutcracker Sweet, Toronto, Ontario
Seasonal Warehouse Hand
• Ran daily operations, focusing on inventory and local shipments.
• Tracked the incoming/outgoing product deliveries across North America and inputting essential paperwork (e.g. FDA forms for US shipments).
2011-2008 CNE Casino, Toronto, Ontario
OLGC Licensed Croupier & Pit Inspector
2007-2003 Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO), Toronto, Ontario
Seasonal Literacy Test Scorer
• Accurately scored student responses to assessments of Ontario Curriculum expectations.
• Applied rubrics, scoring guides, scoring procedures and data-entry methods as defined by EQAO training.
• Review daily data reports and individual targets for reliability, validity and productivity.
2005 Mariposa Cruises, Toronto, Ontario
Wait Staff / Bartender
2005 - 2004 Toronto District School Board – Continuing Education, Toronto, Ontario
Continuing Education Teacher
2003-2002 Lynn Robinson Gallery, Toronto, Ontario
• Ran daily operations from reception to managing the artists' archives to general registrar acts.
• Executed contracts with non-profit organizations, management companies, agents, and artists.
• Tracked the incoming/outgoing artwork and purchases of pieces exhibited at the gallery.
• Arranged all the details relating to internal/external relations with artists in other galleries.
2002-2001 Children’s Own Museum, Toronto, Ontario
• Organized and implemented educational programs incorporating children.
• Assisted the Director of Sponsorship and Groups Coordinator.
1999-2002 Hospitality Personnel, Toronto, Ontario
Wait Staff / Bartender
1998-2000 Smithbooks/Coles, Kitchener/Toronto, Ontario
Sales Associate/Manager in Training
1997-2000 Sears Canada Incorporated, Kitchener/Toronto, Ontario
Sales Associate/Team Leader - Men’s Dress Wear
1998-1994 Peoples Jewellers Corporation, Kitchener, Ontario
Sales Associate/ Office Attendant
1995-1994 Wilfrid Laurier Student Publications, Waterloo, Ontario
Canadian University Press Liaison Officer
• Traveled across Ontario, to offered assistance to university student papers.
• Organized the 1995 ORCUP conference.
1995-1993 Seagram’s Museum, Waterloo, Ontario
Tour Guide/ Archival Administrator