A 30 year career including experience in television broadcasting, commercial television production, book publishing, advertising, graphic design, sales and marketing and social media.
Qualified business growth strategist with "infectious creativity" for marketing and intense desire to help businesses with their referral cultivation and customer retention.
A Creative Resourceful Marketing and Business Development Consultant ready to put those skills to work for you!
Career Experience (Listed by most recent)
Completed the following projects/goals in 2011:
1. Business Development for a small magazine publisher, including campaign development, phone blitzes and generating outside sales for a monthly publication
2. Creative Development of Advertising for magazine: Offering graphic design, powerpoint presentation design, email marketing through Constant Contact, social media marketing
3. Provided Business Development for an annual Religious Business Directory establishing itself in new markets.
4. Appointment coordination for B2B accounts and Teleservice Customer Service skills for an outbound auto-dialed call center.
5. Handle troubleshooting calls and customer service retention representative
6. Created and managed a new franchise of a Community Advocacy organization helping locally owned businesses connect with local consumers in an effort to strengthen the economy.
7. Created numerous opportunities for sales through graphic design, tradeshow marketing, and lead generation
8. Appointment coordination followed by completion of one-to-one membership presentations, outlining features and benefits and signing up new members for the organization.
2008 - 2010 completed the following projects:
1. Increased membership for a non-profit organization in 2009 by 60 new members/year through one-to-one and small group membership presentations.
2. Facilitated retention programs for member businesses and averaged with a 89% retention rate.
3. Wrote copy and photographed for member’s web-based advertising, and developed flyers and other graphic designed collateral materials for member and client events.
4. Developed social media interaction strategies for members to raise their internet.
5. Coordinated fundraising activities and golf outing/silent auction
From 2004 - 2008 completed the following projects:
1. Directed sales and marketing efforts for this membership-based organization, establishing and maintaining effective client relationships with 300 business owners.
2. Coordinated research. and facilitate creation of client’s referral marketing plans.
3. Provided graphic design for Membership campaigns, activities and client events.
4. Provided regular verbal and written marketing communications to update clients and introduce corporate innovations and coordinate semi-annual membership drive promotions.
5. Provided educational presentations to motivate clients to accomplish goals and motivate subscribers to achieve personal goals.
From 1995 - 2004 completed the following projects and tasks:
1. Established and maintained effective client relationships with 1100 business owners, teaching them how to increase their business growth through referral marketing.
2. Managed onsite operations for a regional franchise with a staff of 13 commissioned sales associates.
3. Received 24 achievement awards for regional growth and creative innovation for this organization from 1996-2004.
4. Selected by peers to participate with CEO during Founder’s Forums 1996-2000 to discuss innovative ideas and help make decisions regarding the company’s future growth objectives.
5. Coordinated regional growth from 1996-2000 increasing membership by 400%
6. Honored by being rated within the top 5% internationally and top 10% nationally for operating multiple regions with significant growth.
7. Selected by CEO to speak for the company’s 1st European Conference in London, England and subsequently as a general session speaker for the Los Angeles Conference, both in 2001.
From 1988 - 1994
1. Conducted monthly meetings and provided marketing communications to regarding up- coming advertising campaigns with frontline customer service representatives.
2. Coordinated all details and developed creative vision for numerous advertising promotional pieces and developed tradeshow exhibits for book fairs.
3. Spearheaded the creation of a new video production department.
4. Wrote scripts, produced, directed shot sequences with actors and edited high quality video programs under strict deadlines.
5. Maintained video production budgets up to $125,000 per program.
1983 – 1988
1. Maintained commercial accounts in creating television commercials for 100 clients as well.
2. Wrote, and Produced political advertisements for an unrecognized candidate that won the election and generated visibility through his Poliitical Ads.
2. Produced, directed, provided videotaping and editing services for commercial accounts, and worked as a valuable team-member for larger scale productions.
3. Worked with clients on marketing campaigns, and produced creative video scripts for 30 second commercials and 2-minute infomercials to achieve client’s advertising objectives.
4. Provided audio production for an Emergency trauma series videotaped in the remote Montana wilderness and video editing for a series of medical programs which aired on Hospital Satellite Network.
5. Provided Technical Direction for nightly live news telecasts.
6/1982 – 9/1982 Internship
1. Wrote copy, provided production pre-planning and onsite videotaping services.
2. Developed scripts and provided videotaping of news stories for the corporate media department monthly affiliate news program.
3. Provided editing of news show segments and mixing of music and audiovisual interview segments.
9/1979 – 12/1983 Attended college on a Music Scholarship
Education Received Bachelor of Science – Visual Communications
5/1979 Graduated High School
1. Contributed by writing a weekly marketing tips column for www.Entrepreneur.com (2002)
2. Wrote and published an E-book on Unique marketing tips for businesses (2002)
2. Contributed to the book – The Entrepreneurial Parent (2002)
3. Contributed as a proofreader for the book Chicken Soup for the Teacher's Soul (2001)
3. Published contributing author to Masters of Networking, and provided innovative marketing contributions which helped the book become a New York Times best seller (2000)
4. Became a published contributed author to the book – Confessions of Shameless Self-promoters (2000)
5. Proofread and edited the manuscript for the book – Business by Referral (1999)
6. Proofread and edited the manuscript for the book – Seven Second Marketing (1999)
7. Contributed to the book – World’s Best Known Marketing Secret (1998)
1. Board of Directors & Secretary/Treasurer – United Cerebral Palsy (2006–09)
2. Co-chair VIP Coordinator for UCP Telethon Fundraising Effort (2007-2012)
3. Council Member – Good Shepherd Church (2010-2013 term)
4. Chair person of Outreach Committee - Good Shepherd Church, created various flyers, invitations, and press releases for church-related events, took photographs for church events.
5. Volunteered as an Emcee for the Regional Jazz Festival