P.O. Box 8885
Metairie, LA 70011
Over fifteen years’ experience in sales, management and human resources. Excellent communication and problem resolution skills.
Administrative Assistant Investigative Research
New Orleans, LA 2009-2010
• Worked in husband’s company filing and preparing background reports and legal documents.
Medical Interpreter Link2Spanish
Newnan, GA 2007-2008
• Served as interpreter for non-English speaking patients in doctor’s offices, and different
departments of various hospitals and clinics.
Assistant Project Coordinator National Association for Hispanic Elderly
New Orleans, LA 1997-2005
• Recruitment of applicants for paid training, assessment of skills, placement of participants in training at community service assignments, safety visits and monitoring of participants at host agencies.
• Assist participants in developing interviewing skills and obtaining jobs in the private and public sectors.
• Extensive personal and telephone contact with employers and host agency directors in the area with the purpose of placement and assignment of participants.
• Responsible for determining eligibility for continued participation in the program, transfer and follow up of terminated participants.
• Conduct monthly training meetings with approximately 100 participants.
• Review and submit payroll information and prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports.
• In 2004, monitored the regional office in Puerto Rico and organized other Association activities on a contract basis.
• In 2005, employed with Association to assist in opening and monitoring new office in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Assistant to Corporate Security Officer Whitney National Bank
New Orleans, LA 1995-1997
• Responsible for processing claims and reimbursements related to forged signatures and endorsements.
• Phone contact with banks throughout the United States for follow up and resolution of claims.
• Assist Security Officer with risk management updates, suspicious activity reports and confidential questionnaires from bank officers.
Human Resources Manager NADW Marketing, Inc.
Harahan, LA 1993-1995
• Responsible for interviewing, screening, testing and hiring new personnel.
• Orientation of new employees to company policies and procedures.
• Assist department managers to resolve personnel issues.
• 120 full and part-time employees including telephone surveyors, data entry, warehouse and housekeeping personnel.
Owner Springfields Wholesale Florist
Gainesville, FL 1989-1992
• Personal company run in partnership with husband. Sales of imported flowers to retail florists and supermarket accounts.
Sales Manager Fiesta Farms, Corp.
Miami, FL 1985-1989
• Telemarketing sales of imported flowers to wholesale florists in the United States and Canada.
• Communication with farm owners in Central and South America, packing and quality recommendations.
• Responsible for consignment reports and payments to growers, collections and general management of 7 person sales office.
Manager Coconut Grove Apartments
Coconut Grove, FL 1981-1983
• In charge of showing and renting apartments to prospective tenants.
• Collection of rent.
• Scheduling maintenance of occupied apartments.
• Serving eviction notices and attending court hearings for eviction purposes.
University of New Orleans, Business Administration, 1975-1976.
U.S. Department of Labor national training seminars, 1997, 1998 and 2001.
MPR, Inc. 16 hour course on staffing and personnel procedures
Microsoft and computer courses.
“Bridging The Gap” medical interpreting training course.
Fully bilingual in Spanish and English. Excellent written and oral communication skills in both languages.