Craig W. Mastro
Riverview, FL 33578
Home (813) 374-2615
Cell (201) 370-5092
I’m a radio professional bringing my “A” game every day of the week.
18 yrs. on air radio broadcasting experience in the New York/New Jersey and Tampa radio market
2 ½ yrs. morning drive reporter at Salem Media of New York, WMCA-AM
Host “Live” on air interviews with corporate executives, celebrities and singers, musicians
News writer and feature story reporter at the Suburban News
5 yrs. professional digital editor specializing in promos, commercials and feature length programs
Producer for compelling content for news oriented programs
Versatile on air talent and music programmer with a variety of formats (News/Talk, Adult Contemporary, Country, Rock, CHR, Classical, Jazz and Adult Standards)
Passion and affection for Classical music and high culture
6 yrs. board operator/studio engineer experience
1 yr. spreadsheet, update programs on server
1 yr. television production experience
Producer for compelling content for news oriented programs
Team player extraordinaire
Multi-tasking a variety of assignments in today’s fast paced broadcasting companies
Build strong and profitable long term relationships with business clients
Dependable and punctual radio professional
ON AIR/PRODUCTION STUDIO & SOFTWARE COMPUTER SKILLS
Audiovault, Prophet NexGen, Enco, Simian, Rivendell, Cool Edit Pro, Adobe Audition 1.5, Music Master
Microsoft Word 2010, Outlook, Excel
WUSF Public Radio, Tampa, FL
Part Time Operations Assistant, 12/12 – Present
* Responsible for board operations with the Sat. afternoon “Live from the Metropolitan” opera broadcasts on WSMR-FM.
* Select and program classical music selections after the broadcast airs.
* Update server on reclassification of WUSF Television Library of programming.
Detroit Tigers Florida Operations, Lakeland, FL
Public Address Announcer, 3/12 – 10/12
* I’m the P/A Announcer for Detroit Tigers Spring Training games and Lakeland Flying Tigers minor league games.
* Voice “live” promos, commercials and sponsor ‘reads’ before and during baseball games.
Select songs during pre-game, critical game moments and between innings.
Salem Communications, Tampa, FL
On Air Studio Eng., Announcer, Producer, Voice Commercials/Promos, 11/10 – 10/11
* Produce, record, edit and voice commercials on Adobe Audition 1.5 weekly talk programs.
* Engineer, produce and edit a variety of “live” and pre-recorded talk shows including the
popular Boomer Nation, Patriot’s Ink and Ask an Attorney.
Download programs and news features into Rivendell on air computer software.
* Build positive business relationships with brokered radio show talk show hosts/clients.
* Perfect Attendance!
Salem Media, WMCA-AM & WNYM-AM, “The Apple”, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Announcer, Newscaster/Reporter, Board Operator & Digital Editor, 10/07 – 1/10
* F/T overnights handling a variety of responsibilities including computer operations for two (2) major market radio stations.
* Manage both radio stations handling technical issues with program continuity from satellite feeds, airing commercials and resolving NexGen issues.
* Download & Edit Christian Talk Programs on NexGen Wizard Editor
* Write/announce two morning drive newscasts and several weather forecasts.
* Pro-active approach to correct problems with program re-feeds for Christian Talk Shows and then edit for broadcast.
Salem Radio Network, Manhattan, NY
Studio Engineer, & Traffic Programming, 5/08 – 1/10
* Studio Engineer for Mike Gallagher Show with Enco Computer System.
* Responsibilities include handling traffic inserting commercials for daily talk show & adjust recording levels before broadcast.
Authentic Sounds DJ's, Paramus, NJ
Operations Mgr. /DJ/MC, 1985 – 2010
* Manage a staff of DJ’s to provide excellent customer service and quality entertainment at a variety of events.
* Travel to catering halls and corporations on sales calls to catering halls.
* Build customer base through print and internet advertising.
* Directly responsible for initiating year over year revenue growth and fine tuning more effective
* Self Employed weekend DJ/MC at private parties (Weddings, Birthdays, corporate events, fund raisers, etc.)
WNTI-FM, Hackettstown, NJ
On Air Talent – AAA Format/Radio Personality, 2005 – 2006
* Perform weekly mid-day shows and program a variety of deep album classic rock cuts, alternative, jazz, reggae, country etc. on station with AAA format.
* Schedule and host live on air interviews during fund raising drives with blues singer, Candye Kane, local blues talent, Son Lewis and blues legend, B. B. King on NPR station.
* Host listener on air giveaways (concerts, theatre performances, WNTI-FM appearances, etc.) and voice recorded show promos for station on air staff.
Dolce International Hotels, Florham Park, NJ
Audio/Video Technician, 2004
* Configure meeting rooms with audio, video and laptop computers tailored for Novartis Corp. executives presentations.
* Build strong business relationships with both new and repeat business clients.
* Directly contribute to year over year revenue growth through positive public relations efforts.
WMTR-AM, Cedar Knolls, NJ
On Air Radio Personality, 2001 – 2002
* On Air Personality hosting Afternoon Drive show with Adult Contemporary format.
* Responsible for Board Operations on New Jersey Connection/Ask the Expert talk shows.
* Perform on air Show with Audiovault computer system in the main studio.
DWJ Television, Ridgewood, NJ
Media Relations Specialist/Satellite News Reporter, 2000 – 2001
* Public Relations Specialist responsible for placing Video News Releases on Top 10 Market TV Stations during primetime newscasts and Morning Shows.
* Interview corporate executives and celebrities (Rita Moreno) for Satellite Media broadcasts.
* My interviews were recognized as “adding eyeballs to viewers tuning in newscasts.”
* Voiceover announcer on actuarials and news broadcasts for West Coast TV stations.
Ramapo College, Mahwah, NJ
Bachelor of Arts, Major: Communications/Broadcasting, Minor: Business
American Diabetes Association, Fair Lawn, NJ
National Foundation for Diabetes, Ridgewood, NJ
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Wyckoff, NJ
I served as a member on the Board of Directors.
Write monthly newsletter to notify diabetics in advance for speakers and topics.
Originated and coordinated annual softball fund raising game with WPLJ-FM.