1403 Saint Joan Court, Richmond, VA 23236 Phone (804) 920.5128
JOB RELATED SUMMARY
• 5+ years of experience in Copywriting/Editing.
• 2+ years of experience in Technical Writing, Graphic Design, Layout
• Local candidate.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
ECPI University Richmond, VA
AAS in Web Development 2011
Virginia Commonwealth University Richmond, VA
BS in Mass Communications, Creative Advertising 2001
Minor: Creative Writing
TECHNICAL SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
• Mac iWork, iLife, Adobe CS5 Design Premium, Microsoft Office Suite, HTML, CSS
• Mac OS, Microsoft OS Windows 95/98, Professional 2000, Vista, XP, 7
• Concept Development
• Document layout and design
Mad Science of Central VA (Part Time) Richmond, VA
Mad Scientist Present 2010-Present
• Present science-based programs to children during after school programs or birthday parties.
• Maintain high energy and excitement during programs.
• Responsible for learning all programs for presentation and personalization.
MGFX Richmond, VA
Graphic Artist Intern Summer 2011
• Completed daily work orders to include OTS, FS, HS, VS images, headshots and maps.
• Participated in Photoshop, After Effects and Viz Curious Maps ¬training with a concentration on assigned projects.
Better Business Bureau Richmond, VA
Web Development Intern Spring 2011
• Ensured member’s websites were within the BBB’s guidelines.
• Verified dynamic seal was installed, directed installation and updated 2400 plus member database.
WORKMAGAZINE Richmond, VA
Restaurant/Club/Music Editor, Contributing Staff Writer 2004-2010
• Department Editor and Writer of Restaurants/Clubs/Music and See and Do sections.
• Represented magazine at events, generated sales, assisted in set up and managed magazine fulfillment, distribution and retail placement.
CA One Services, Inc. Richmond, VA
Food and Beverage Manager 2004-2006
• Managed and supervised Richmond International Airport food and beverage operations.
• Audited daily transactions and weekly inventory results.
The Annabel Lee River Showboat Richmond, VA
Cruise Manager/Cruise Wedding Coordinator 2003-2004
• Directed daily operations, special events, charters and public venue activities for Annabel Lee patrons.
• Developed, wrote and presented training for staff.
• Supervised crewmembers, including servers, bartenders, galley staff and entertainment.
Children's Museum of Richmond Richmond, VA
Gallery Staff Coordinator 2000-2002
• Wrote, presented and managed technical programs for various camps, overnights and parties.
• Designed and produced numerous graphics for promotional signage.
• Wrote copy for the museum's promotional pieces.
• Supervised gallery staff, wrote and trained educators and volunteers on new museum programs.
• Managed daily operations, financial reporting and staff development.
United States Navy Kings Bay, GA/Dahlgren, VA
Petty Officer Second Class 1987-1997
• Performed duties included supply management for over 12,000 line items valued at over $21M.
• Involved in public relations activities including commercial production and weekly television presentation.
• Wrote, directed and produced commercial spots enabling the USS Canopus to win the Supply Gold E award for the Atlantic fleet.
• Wrote technical manuals for storeroom preservation and inventory management.
• Wrote copy for the Public Affairs Office for command news and coordinated special events for the crew through the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Department.
• Society of Professional Journalists.
• National Technical Honor Society.
• ECPI University Web Club member and Student Newspaper Layout/Design and Department Editor.