ANITA L. FERGUSON
14220 E. 36th Street South • Independence •Missouri • 64055
816-500-1003 • firstname.lastname@example.org
General Manager with extensive experience and being known for outstanding performance, quickly identifying critical
priorities in demanding environments of last minute changes. Having extensive and proven abilities in recruiting, retention, employee relations, and developing training programs. Client-focused with strong relationship building and strategic planning skills.
• Customer Management • Performance Management
• Buyer Behavior/Awareness • Inventory Control/Shrinkage
• Loss Prevention/Security • Visual Merchandising Display
• Customer Service/Loyalty • Staff Training & Mentoring
• In-Store Promotions • Specialty Retail Operations
• Training Programs Design • Profit and Loss Management
ZAFAR SPA, SALON & BOUTIQUE, Kansas City, MO 10//25/2009 – Present
Luxury Spa, Salon and Fashion Forward /Trend setting Clothing retailer
Create and implement dynamic people and organizational solutions in the areas of: Increasing sales/revenue, Employee Mentoring programs, Customer/Guest First programs, events to bring about public awareness and first choice. Enhance the thinking, learning and performance of individuals, teams and organization. Develop leadership competence and capabilities at all levels. Align organizational action through partnerships, commitments, grassroots, and event design and implantation. Developed, written and implemented successful training programs in the areas of: Employee mentoring, Guest/Customer Satisfaction, Company procedures, and Power Selling.
• Recruited, hired and trained staff to handle immediate growth.
• Developed a team of top certified professionals in the field of beauty enhancement and care.
• Network and Market organization to become first choice in luxury lifestyle service and fashion.
• Strengthened company's guest and employee satisfaction to 87%
• Strategic networking and marketing locations to become first choice in client product and services.
MATCO IMPORTS, Lenexa, KS 03/07/2003 - 03/20/2008
Importer of Home, High End Seasonal, and Specialty Interior Décor
Area Showroom Manager/Training Manager
Orchestrated and organized events, created three training programs, customer training program, product knowledge and sales training program resulting in increased revenue and employee satisfaction. Monitored all reports to include: client satisfaction, employee satisfaction, sales, P & L, as well as booked events and created in house special events.
• Designed and implemented training procedures in the following areas: Employee Product training programs which created employee confidence in presenting product lines to clients, Client Satisfaction training that increased client relations and purchasing, and best practice in sales training to increase employee confidence in their ability to sell company products and increase revenue.
• Oversaw/organized seasonal events that placed the organization in front of the market for first choice. Developed top teams and District Managers to present themselves as gate keepers to enhance market performance and profits as well as local grass roots events.
• Monitored all reports including P&L and developed all budgets to include special events and shows. Assisted in the development and purchasing of product lines to include forecasting and trend setting.
BEAUTY WAREHOUSE, Kansas City, MO 5/22/1989 – 2/30/2003
Leading Beauty Retail and Service organization, providing quality products at affordable prices.
Monitored daily activities and sales performances of 18 locations. Consistently ensure the district provided the highest level of service and upholding the Mission Statement and Core Values. Achieved budgeted revenue goals, shrink percent and expenses keeping the district in the top ten of the organization. Increased customer awareness with grass roots events to raise awareness and revenue.
• Assigned a district with averaging in the 30% range and within 4 months achieved the top 10% and maintained this average for 8 years.
• Empowered Managers to play the role of gatekeeper, facilitator, and encouraged decision making to drive for best results.
• Celebrated customer service success and coached to improve performance. Instilled the meaning and importance of customer service through role playing and customer service training in selling programs, customer service training and product/beauty education and training programs for the clients.
DEVINKI REAL ESTATE Investment, Kansas City, MO 10/17/1980 - 5/19/1989
Corporate / Commercial / Residential Development and Property Management Organization.
Take necessary measures for recruiting, training and supervision for over 230 staff members with the maintenance staffs, construction and clerical staffs. Provide designing and consulting on building reconstructions with soliciting and assessing the bids. Organize and recruit subcontractors. Provide various measures for negotiating and organizing lease agreements and rent agreements along with capitol developments. Provide due measures for maintenance and modification regarding 200 residential divisions and 200000 square feet of commercial room in eight dissimilar constructions. Produced annual budgets for every property with assisting legal associates for preparing and presenting tax procedures. Produce various financial analytical reports and practicability reports of potential property achievements. Project manager for the renovation of 70 apartment divisions to condominiums. Provided necessary crew recruitment, training and supervision and ensuring fulfillment of schedules and plans.
• Closely monitored at risk locations and saved the company $8 million in losses through property damage, down units, and legal fees.
• Organized events that placed the property in front of the market for first choice by building resident area relations through teaming with local merchants to provide excellent service, and grass roots events.
• Empowered Assistant Manager to play the role of gatekeeper and encouraged decision making to drive best results.
• Through networking, tenant/guest relations/public relations maintained occupancy standards and achieved numerous awards in Manager of the year, 100% occupancy, 90% occupancy, as well as Tenant Satisfaction awards.
• Celebrated tenant retention/relation/satisfaction success and coached to improve performance instilling the meaning and importance of company mission, core values and tenant/guest service through role playing and customer service training in leasing programs, customer service training, and tenant satisfaction programs.
Associates concentrating in Business Studies – Kansas City Business College
Numerous programs, conferences and seminars including Organizational Development, Public Speaking,
Employee Relations, Diversity, Mediation/Negotiation, and Employment Law