GEO E. LATTA firstname.lastname@example.org
149 Main St. Ashuelot, NH. 03441 (603) 290-2458
Obtain a challenging position where my experience, abilities, and successful interpersonal skills will result in a company growth and expansion.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Strong performance in staffing, leadership, training and teambuilding client negotiations, sales and public relations. Extensive experience in all aspects of writing, editing, and publishing of newspapers, magazines, newsletters, Web sites, and brochures. Combines outstanding editing and layout, freelance and creative writing, and scientific writing skills, ad sales, accounting, and digital strategy, and business computing skills. Dynamic, decisive, and confident.
SL.Ink Magazine, Men’s Fashion & Lifestyle, Distribution of 4,500 2009 - Present
Earth Bound Bookworks LLC, Cambridge, Ma., Ashuelot, NH 2007 - Present
Founder and President
Entreprenured the creative visions and successfully executed the concepts. Responsible for all aspects of the operations including:
• Writing, editing, layout, and graphic design for websites, publications, and marketing materials.
• Hired, managed, and directed employees and sub-contractors.
• Developed and wrote a grant, funding a $250,000.00 project. Also authored business plans, advertising campaigns & fundraising.
• Developed contracts and proposals and coordinated advertisers, scheduling, and designs.
• Developed and maintained billing and record keeping system – Quicken.
Masiello Employment, Keene, NH 2003-2004
• Kennedy Information - AD-Traffic and Exec Manager
o Managed the inflow, billing, and layout for over 200 client advertisements in various publications.
o Wrote, edited, and created layout of graphic design for articles for various newsletters.
o Managed personnel in the production of articles and newsletters.
o Arranged corporate travel itineraries.
• Ocean National Bank – Associate Financial Advisor
o Responsible for client contact and conflict resolution. Providing customer service for clientele with portfolios in excess of $1,000,000.00
o Worked with various financial institutions in the set-up and management of client portfolios.
o Developed and instituted a new record keeping system.
o Assisted senior financial representatives in scheduling and travel.
o Successfully cross-sold products and educated bank staff in Series Seven and brokerage specifications.
• National Grange Mutual – Legal Secretary
o Produced legal documents using Dictaphone.
o Served as initial contact person for clients.
o Reproduced and shipped various reports, documents, etc.
o Efficiently maintained office filing systems
The Harbinger, Palatine, IL. 2002-2003
A&E/Assignments Editor/Manager and Reporter
Responsible for a wide variety of duties including, but not limited to:
• Researched and authored articles.
• Assigned articles to reporters and writers.
• Organized and maintained staff member communications
• Established e-mail communications and list serve.
Paradise Built Ind., Arlington Heights, IL. 2000-2002
Responsible for the operation and productivity of the entire organization. Duties included:
• Instituted advertising, marketing and finance departments. Organizing projects exceeding $50,000.00
• Developed contracts and proposals.
• Authored, edited, and accomplished graphic design for press releases, articles, and advertisements.
• Managed and negotiated over 50 client projects.
Koenig and Strey, Skokie, IL. 2000
Personal Assistant to Vice President Marketing
• Developed, edited and maintained Web site.
• Published advertisements and biographies.
• Coordinated and scheduled shipments.
Red Roof Inn, Framingham, MA. 1998
Front Desk Staff
• Took and confirmed reservations.
• Interfaced with the new clientele.
• Scheduled wake-up calls, helped customers, general front desk duties.
WRITING AND EDITORIAL HISTORY
• Editing and layout experience: articles, newsletters, contracts, proposals, advertisements, Web sites, and brochures.
• Freelance/creative writing experience: articles, essays, short stories, biographies, novels, children’s books, poetry, and songs.
• The Harbinger – Harper College Newspaper: various articles.
• Syracuse University Circle K Newsletter: various articles.
COMPUTER AND GRAPHIC DESIGN EXPERIENCE
• Graphic design and layout programs: QuarkXpress, PhotoShop, Adobe InDesign and Pagemaker, Corel Draw, and Illustrator (basic.)
• A decade of computer experience in PC and MAC systems.
• Word processing programs: Word, ClarisWorks, and WordPerfect.
• Presentation programs: PowerPoint, Excel, CricketGraph various photo manipulation programs.
• Internet and email proficiency as well as a working knowledge of Quickbooks.
Harper Community College – Continuing Education Courses
Syracuse University – Major pursued – Psychology, Minor in English/Neuroscience
References available upon request