My name is Alex Sembra and I am a consummate professional with extensive experience in video production. A dynamic team player with a strong background in video, and online news production. A proven track record in delivering multiple projects of high quality in a deadline oriented environment. In depth knowledge of delivering traditional content across digital platforms. Proficient in post- production workflows, SD and HD formats and file conversions.
Network Editor- CNN Media Operations 01/09- present
• Edit promos for CNN shows such as Larry King Live, The Joy Behar Show and Backstory.
• Edit for all CNN platforms, including CNN, CNN International, HLN and CNN.com.
• Provide technical support and media management for CNN Post Production.
• Edit online content such as the AC 360 Podcast and State of the Union.
• Edit using Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Motion,After Effects, and Photoshop.
Editor/Associate Producer CNN International 02/04-01/09
• Edited and produced weekly program World Report for CNNI and CNN.com.
• Edited long-form and short form packages for various shows and specials for CNNI Special Projects Unit such as iReport, Weather
FX, Planet In Peril and Deadly Recruits.
• Conducted production workshops for CNN Fellowship Program.
Audio Board Operator- Georgia Radio Reading Service 09/96- 09/99
• Directed live shows readings for the blind and print handicapped.
• Organized and time managed various programming.
Master Control-Cox Cable Hampton Roads 01/93- 07/95
• Cameraman and Floor Director for community talk shows and forums.
• Playback Operator for Community Access Channel.
B.A. Journalism- Georgia State University 2000
Emmy Award- CNN’s coverage of 9/11
Peabody Award- CNN’s coverage of Hurricane Katrina
Du-Pont Columbia Award- CNN’s coverage of the Tsunami Disaster in Southeast Asia
Peabody Award- CNN’s coverage of the 2008 Presidential Election