Objective: Seeking a position in which my degree is inapplicable but not involved with the food service industry where I will grow to discover the artist within and delve deep into my creative crannies. No comedy writing experience, but will work on a project for minimal pay.
Profile: 5'3" Asian American with brown eyes and black hair and a slender 110 pound frame. To differentiate me from the average female Asian American profile, I have bangs, high cheek bones, one snaggle tooth, and a gold crown on a lower right back molar. I also hate Hello Kitty. Seriously, I am a driven, independent, and hard-working student and employee throughout my educational career. Attended university while maintaining multiple part-time jobs as a necessity to fund my education. Developed an understanding of the importance of work ethic and honed study skills as well as time management to excel academically. Sought out volunteer opportunities with organizations that address issues that I am passionate about.
University of California, San Diego (Fall 2008 - Winter 2010)
Bachelor of Arts, International Studies Economics, Winter 2010
GPA: 3.4 - Provost Honors Fall 2009, Spring and Fall 2010
Santa Monica College (Fall 2005 - Spring 2008)
• Joao's Tin Fish Bar and Eatery (April 2011 - Present)
• California Pizza Kitchen (March 2009 - Present)
• Buca di Beppo (August 2009 - March 2011)
• Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. (March 2006 - September 2008)
Summary of Qualifications
• Developed ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere
• Maintained excellent customer relations and developed customer rapport
• Diplomatically resolved customers' complaints on as-needed basis
• Ability to follow instructions well and make decisions with no supervision
• Maintained all record-keeping procedures without error
• Excellent attendance and punctuality
• Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure, and communicating ideals clearly and effectively
• Women's Empowerment International (May 2011- Present) - Assist the Chairperson of Research and Education Committee, research concepts and issues relevant to poverty and microfinance to stay current on information, draft summaries of relevant topics to educate members and other volunteers, authored portions of the informational section of the website.
• Tanzania Volunteer Experience (June - August 2010) - Prepared daily lessons in English, Swahili, and Math for children aged 3 - 10, set up a system to acquire funds to feed the children on a daily basis that continues to be in effect in Arusha, Tanzania today, cooked beans, rice, and porridge for the children every day, maintained the cleanliness of the classroom, monitored and kept control of the children during class hours and on breaks.
Available upon request.