LIJO CHIRAYIL VARGHESE
With drive and ambition, I seek to combine my accounting and financial knowledge and skills to make a positive contribution and develop further in a dynamic environment.
Master of Accounting and Financial Management March 2011
La Trobe University, Australia
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application June 2008
Bharathiar University Distance Education, India
Master of Finance and Control April 2008
C.M.S College of Science & Commerce, Bharathiar University, India
Bachelor of Commerce April 2005
St.Berchman’s College, Mahatma Gandhi University, India
Reghu & Company tax consultancy, Tiruvalla, India May 08 – February 09
• Preparation of General journals and Special Journals based on the information obtained from the Source Documents.
• Preparation and maintenance of General Ledger Accounts based on the Journal Accounts.
• Preparation of financial statements such as Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Retained Earning Earnings and Cash Flow Statement.
• Maintenance of financial records and preparation of reports with financial or accounting information.
• Verification of books to enhance the accuracy and reliability of accounting information.
• Explaining accounting policies and procedures to vendors and clients.
• Establish, maintain and co-ordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
• Reconcile transactions, financial data and other information.
• Reporting to the top personnel.
UTI Securities Limited, Cochin, India December 2007 – January 2008
• Assisted the Relationship Manager in his official duties and supported him to achieve the targeted sales in a vastly competitive Mutual Fund Industry.
• Took appointments and arranged meetings with potential clients.
• Handled complaints of clients and provided advisory services to ensure the maintenance of their fair values.
• Communicated recent market updates and fund information to the customers.
• Assisted new customers in proper documentation of their investment schemes.
• Performed other administrative duties as assigned.
Honors & Awards:
• Bharathiar University Top Rank holder in 2008
• Deans Certification for Academic Excellence in 2009
• Golden Key International Honour Society Member
Computer Operating Systems & Software Skills:
• Windows 95-98 | Windows XP| Windows Vista| Windows 7
• Microsoft Office 2003 & 2007
• Microsoft Outlook 2007
• Microsoft Visio 2007
• Tally 7.2 Accounting Software
Fluent in English, Hindi and Malayalam
Available upon request