• Drove taxi’s for 12 years and learned to deal with all types of people from drunks on Saturday night to little old ladies during the week. I often transported E-3 clients from their group homes to their day program sites.
• Freelance writer since 2009 doing internet writing jobs and doing blog entries.
• Ace Taxi Inc., Driver, 1998-2009. This entailed more than simple driving people around. It involved little things like making correct change. Transmit fare totals over the CB radio to central dispatch. Also, take next call location from the dispatcher. Keeping an accurate personal record of fares, which were matched with dispatcher’s computer totals? I made suitable conversation with different type of passengers.
• LifeCHANGE PUBLISHING, Freelance writer, 1988—1998. Writing a weekly column in the local newspaper. Selling magazine ideas to editors and then writing articles to national Christian magazines.
• Canada Christian College, College course developer, 1985—1988.
• Jean Vanier Catholic School, supply teacher, 1985.
• Vancouver Bible College, BA in Theology, 1978.
• Pacific Vocational Institute, Welding Ticket, 1979.
• McMaster University, MA in Teaching, 1984.
• Learning to walk without a limp on an artificial leg after transport truck accident in 1976.
• Raising a son while my wife had a good banking job.
• Doing all forms of cable television work including everything from camera work to producer of my own shows.
• Sound and lighting production for Theatre Collingwood.
• On the executive of Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship and production of monthly dinner meeting with a guest speaker.
• Working in the community on different boards and organizations.