SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Professional with twenty years of progressively responsible experience providing analysis, research, writing, and editing support on diverse projects for Federal government contracts. Interprets complex concepts and produces concise process and training material. Technical expertise in the following areas:
• Highly skilled in MS Office Word including advanced features such as Quick Parts, creating templates and forms, use of macros, styles, and hidden text.
• Skilled in MS Project and Visio.
• Advanced Internet and policy research skills.
Azimuth Corporation 11/10 – 9/11
Technical Writer, Navy International Programs Office (IPO) contract
Created Process Desk Guides (PDGs), conforming to Azimuth editorial guidelines and prescribed document development process. Analyzed existing Navy documentation (DoD Instructions, Directives, etc.) and interviewed subject matter experts (SMEs) in multiple content areas to produce detailed PDGs including step-by-step instructions for processes in place. Frequent interface with high-level Navy personnel to gather and verify information used to develop PDGs and secure customer authorization to publish on their SharePoint website.
Government Contract Solutions 11/09 – 11/10
Executive Assistant, General Services Administration (GSA), Federal Acquisition Services contract
Managed daily operations for the Senior Director and Director staff. Compiled weekly management reports; maintained time and attendance records; and provided customer service. Provided desk-side training in Office to assist customer personnel in acquiring skills needed to complete tasks. Designed reports, composed correspondence, wrote press releases, and developed training materials as special projects.
Cashewell, LLC. 10/08 – 8/09
Security Technical Writer, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certification and Accreditation (C&A) review contract
Edited C&A packages for IT systems due for review in a 3-year cycle. Ensured consistency of content throughout the various reports for each system; verified system status; recommended and applied changes to templates. Provided substantive editing for related white papers and other deliverables as requested by management.
Advanced Management Technologies, Inc. 10/07 – 8/08
Technical Writer, FAA Security and Hazardous Materials contract
Developed technical documentation and marketing material for the new identification card system to ensure compliance with HSPD-12.
• Wrote and/or edited all program documentation and training for systems under development including Standard Operating Procedures, user guides, role-based training, and job aids.
• Developed marketing material for program roll-out; wrote Regional Implementation Guide, designed brochure, posters, and banners with graphics personnel. Served as liaison for all regional offices; coordinated requirements for scheduled roll-outs.
• Assisted FAA officials with web portal design for New ID cards; managed content for accuracy and timeliness, and provided marketing strategy updates to development team.
Electronic Data Systems, Inc. 8/06 – 8/07
Documentation Team Lead and Technical Editor, E-Gov Travel Training and Documentation
Maintained editorial control for multiple projects including documenting updates to software systems and the training component of their HSPD-12 project.
• Scheduled and delegated assignments and tracked delivery.
• Ensured consistent formatting, styles, and adherence to corporate standards on large, complex documents including instructor/participant guides, training design documents, processes and procedure guidance, proposals, and marketing materials. Updated department Style Guide.
Information Innovators, Inc. (Triple-I) 2/06- 8/06
Senior Technical Writer, Department of Transportation (DOT) Relocation contract
Analyzed existing process and procedure documentation to determine and document “as is” operations; held meetings with each business unit to ascertain the “to be” model for procedures following the relocation; and performed gap analysis.
• Provided technical editing and standardized formatting for Circuit Provisioning and Wide Area Network Migration plans.
• Created policy and procedure documentation for Logistics Team detailing requirements and conditions for deliveries to the new building.
• Researched legislation and Executive Directives to develop compliant IT standards, policy, and procedures for business planning.
TMSI, Inc. 9/05- 2/06
Senior Business Writer, Department of Labor, Wage, and Hour Division (WHD) contract
Drafted Target Enterprise Architecture in accordance with FY07 Consolidated Reference Model Document for WHD initiatives. Wrote Strategic Plans and Performance Goals in compliance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) E-Government Strategy. Updated Risk Management Plans for all major WHD financial systems, incorporating DOL-wide security standards.
Spherion, Inc. 4/05- 9/05
Technical Writer, American Red Cross contract
Provided quality assurance and editing services the training division. Ensured consistency of style, format, and syntax for training packages and process documents including standards, directives, work instructions, and job aids.
Advanced Technologies and Labs (ATL) International, Inc. 4/04 - 3/05
Business Analyst, Outreach Program for the National Institutes of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) contract
Authored all reports for the Outreach Program; composed correspondence, developed and distributed travel itineraries, and maintained records for meetings with local labor representation. Arranged logistics for meetings with union representatives and took copious notes of the proceedings. Developed meeting minutes, adhering to the standardized format, for publication on the NIOSH public website. Tested web-based training programs for the Housing and Urban Development Inspection (HUD) Training Program and provided technical edits as necessary for accuracy and clarity.
SI International, Inc. 8/03 to 4/04
Senior Proposal Specialist
Coordinated concurrent proposals for multiple business units, ensuring compliance with government requirements as well as corporate processes and procedures.
• Wrote non-technical proposal sections such as executive summaries and mentoring experience.
• Proofread and edited assignments submitted by SMEs; created and formatted master proposal document, and maintained version control.
Technical Writer/Program Administrator, STG, Inc. 8/01 to 7/03
Coordinated with management, business development, and SMEs to prepare proposals and deliverables for STG’s security division. Developed curriculum and training materials, and managed logistics for off-site training programs. Coordinated project workflow, milestones, resources, and deliverables on multiple projects in MS Project.
• Wrote executive summaries, maintained version control, edited technical sections for readability and consistency, copyedit proposals for review meetings.
• Outlined draft proposals incorporating evaluation criteria; researched customer requirements and existing contracts.
• Created work breakdown structure and maintained deliverables schedule in MS Project.
EDUCATION and TRAINING
B.S. Secondary Education, East Stroudsburg University, 1995
B.A. Political Science, East Stroudsburg University, 1995
*** Laude double-degree graduate with 3.8 overall GPA