Feingold & Alpert, LLP, New York, NY August 2007 - Present
Legal Assistant – Tax and Corporate Law
Provide Administrative and Legal Support to three Senior Partners, two Of-Counsel and associates, including:
• Assisting with drafting and preparing operating agreements, limited liability agreements, limited partnership agreements, loan agreements, loan modifications, domiciliation agreements, managers’ guidelines, private placement memoranda and engagement letters
• Assisting with trial preparation including petitions, briefs, affidavits, finding of fact letters and stipulations
• Preparing binders of exhibits for submissions to the IRS and state tax agencies with Table of Contents, Table of Authorities, footnotes and endnotes
• Organizing client tax returns, receipts, bank records and utility bills for audits and FBAR submissions
• Assisting attorneys with tax return submissions and personal correspondences related to tax returns
• Composing, revising and blacklining documents for attorneys, including correspondences, memos and articles
• Preparing letters, proposals and other documents using firm's formatting styles
• Maintaining files, preparing documents and organizing materials in preparation for and related to litigation
• Filing and archiving documents
• Creating spreadsheets in Excel
• Creating PowerPoint presentation for senior partner
• Performing proofreading and quality checks on both hard copy and electronic documents
• Performing conflict checks of new clients
• Assisting in opening new client files
• Assisting with greeting clients
• Answering direct attorney phone lines as well as firm’s main line
• Submitting time records via Timeslips for billing purposes
• Updating attorneys contacts
• Assisting attorneys with meeting CLE requirements
• Organizing and managing calendar; make business appointments/private appointments
• Assisting in organization of Senior Partners’ files and offices
• Printing and filing attorneys e-mails
• Arranging appointments and luncheons
• Maintaining attorneys’ client and working files
• Preparing billing for domestic and international clients
• Filling in for head secretary in her absence
• Handling overflow of secretarial work
• Scanning documents to PDF
• Downloading and photocopying references
Web Designer/Writer, North Bergen, NJ 2002 – 2007
Freelance Web Designer/Copy Writer
• Maintained and designed websites or aspect of websites for established small businesses including:
? Lambda Psi Delta.org
• Wrote and copyedited promotional materials, identity brochures, business plans and web pages for bourgeoning small businesses including:
? Write Word Ltd.
? Shaddai Marketing & Communications
? MOCCATM Positive Wear:
• Managed day-to-day operations including answering mail, liaising with customers, outsource partners and clients, monitoring and managing of websites
• Wrote press releases for singing artist Sir Dane
Whitestone Capital Group, Inc., New York, NY 1995–2002
Corporate Writer/Administrative Assistant
• Managed the research, design and maintenance of Whitestone’s marketing materials, such as the Company’s marketing brochure and website.
• Managed the preparation of internal company literature, such as the Company Handbook.
• Assisted in the preparation of speeches, letters, proposals and presentations.
• Assisted in the preparation of business plans and the firm's prospectus.
• Copyedited the firm's literature for the U.S. Small Business Administration, including the Asset Sales Action Plan, Design Book, the Asset Sale Loan Manual, the Rating Agency Presentation, etc.
• Researched for prospective and ongoing projects.
• Aided in the due diligence review of mortgage documents, drafting various documents, and the development of bidders’ materials.
• Reviewed government offering circular supplements for accuracy and content.
• Assessed and reports on current capital market activity and trends.
• Supervised interagency and firm communications.
• Garnered weekly antidotal and empirical evidence to for the annual Report to Congress.
• Participated in marketing research for loan sales.
• Responsible for administrative and clerical duties such as:
? Phone responsibilities such as answering, screening, distributing calls and messages.
? Handled travel schedules and coordinated airline flights, hotels, and ground transportation as well as the itineraries for members President, Vice-President and members of staff
? Maintained office equipment, office supplies and files.
? Interact w/customers
? Maintained client database
? Use Microsoft Office package to produce letters, memoranda and reports
? Schedule and coordinate meetings and conference calls
? Route and prioritize mail
Howard University, Washington DC
Attended with a concentration in Business Management and Communications (Radio, TV and Film). Also did studies in classical mythologies, communication courses such as scriptwriting and film as well as literature course, including creative writing and literature studies.
• Karen A. Pipersburgh, Debating Affirmative Action Book Review, 1994
• Karen A. Pipersburgh, Blues Alley Host Jazz Great, Maynard Ferguson, 1994
• Karen A. Pipersburgh, The Lion King, Capitol Spotlight, 1994
• Karen A. Pipersburgh, The Man of Many Voices, Capitol Spotlight, 1994
• Karen A. Pipersburgh, L.O.R. – The New Word In Style, Capitol Spotlight, 1995
• Karen A. Pipersburgh, Reviewing Try! A Survival Guide to Unemployment, Visions Weekly, 1997
Parkview Condominiums, North Bergen, NJ 2010 – present
• Member of the Board of Trustees
• MS Word
• MS Excel
• MS PowerPoint
• MS Outlook
• Time Slips
• Adobe Acrobat
• Nero DVD Burning
• CCH Perform Plus III • MS Front Page
• Macromedia Dream Weaver MX
• Macromedia Flash MX
• FTP Voyager
• Adobe Photo Shop
• Paint Shop Pro
• Some experience with Macintosh OS