• Experienced in writing 400-800 word articles
• Strong command of the English language; familiarity with many writing styles; understanding of AP style; commitment to excellence in the printed and published word
• Competent researcher
• Experience writing test questions, answers and rationales for teacher certification tests focusing on Early Childhood through 12th grade.
• Experience scoring essay responses for the PRAXIS teacher certification test.
Education B.A., English, The University of Texas , Austin, TX
Texas Teacher Certification, Texas State University San Marcos, TX 2000
Teacher Certification Areas
Secondary English, Grades 6-12
Early Childhood-12th grade, Generalist
Early Childhood-12th grade, English as a Second Language Supplemental
Over 3 years experience as an online freelance writer. I write a variety of articles in various formats for an online company:
• Craft original articles according to client guidelines
• Rewrite articles as needed
• Write blurbs and articles based on client keyword requests
Writer, Educational Testing Service – At-Home Position 6/2008-Present
Write multiple choice questions and answers with rationales for the Texas Examination for Certified Educators test.
Scorer, Educational Testing Service – At-Home Position 10/2008- Present
Score essay responses for the PRAXIS teacher certification test.
Teacher, 3rd grade Language Arts and Science—Gonzales Elementary, Gonzales, TX 8/2006-6/2008
Teacher, 11th grade English – Nixon High School, Nixon, TX 8/2005-6/2006
Teacher, 9th grade English – Luling High School, Luling, TX 8/2000-5/2003