305 Bergen ST.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Illustrator, designer, arts administrator, marketer, promoter, administrative assistant.
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Folk on the Rocks, Yellowknife, NT February 2011 – Present
• Under the direction of the Executive Director of Folk on the Rocks, responsible and accountable for duties related to the day-to-day administration of the Folk on the Rocks Society, as well as the coordination of the Annual Festival.
• Office-related duties include:
o Performing general office and administration procedures on a day to day basis including: word processing, flow of correspondences, telephone communications, emailing, filing, mailing and other clerical services, as well as involvement in all aspects of festival coordination
o Research partnerships/ sponsorship potentials with local businesses to develop benefits for Folk on the Rocks under the direction of the EAD.
o Maintain the sponsorship database and ensure all contact information is current and up to date.
o Update manuals and guidebooks on a regular basis.
o Responsible for the Society Membership; including newsletter, updates, and membership cards
o Maintain and update website and social networking accounts.
o Ensure that all general office forms and website information is current and file ready for public and FOTR staff/volunteer use.
• Festival-related duties include:
o Arrange all event insurance, necessary liquor licenses and fire marshal occupancy.
o Arrange performer travel and accommodation.
o Act as point of contact for the festival with all performer liaisons.
o Arrange advertising, promotion and marketing with all local media outlets.
o Observe any significant budget concerns as they arise.
o Responsible for the distribution and collection of all information forms (technical riders, FOTR contractual riders, etc)
o Responsible for the coordination of all required site equipment and services, with help from Site Coordinator
o Creation and maintenance of the ‘Performer Binder’, with all relevant information (riders, contracts, emails, etc) filed for easy reference.
o Responsible for the administration and coordination of the Vendor and Artisan areas.
o Arranging and providing information for all technical and sound requirements.
o Distribute and assist with PSA’s related to the festival (call for artists, ticket sales, etc).
Pearl Rachinsky Illustration September 2006 – Present
• Draw or paint illustrations for use by various media to explain or adorn printed or spoken word.
• Study layouts, sketches of proposed illustrations, and related materials to become familiar with assignment.
• Determine style, technique, and medium best suited to produce desired effects and conform with reproduction requirements, or receive specific instructions from client regarding these variables.
• Formulate concept and render illustration and detail from models, sketches, memory, and imagination.
• Discuss illustration at various stages of completion and make changes as necessary.
• Versed in Abode Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat
• Execute various forms of self-promotion
• Some collaborators include The Globe and Mail, The Walrus Magazine, The Atlantic Monthly, Crow Toes Quarterly, Notebook Magazine, Display Magazine, Bitch Magazine, The Independent Review, Forge Magazine, Epitaph Records, Bluenote Records, EMI, Subpop Records and Serbin Communications.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR AND PROMOTER
Good Blood Music Series 2007 - 2010
• Director and co-founder of a local not-for-profit promotions organization focused on hosting live independent Canadian music.
• Executed successful marketing campaigns and designed all promotional material for organized events.
• Solved and exhausted funding options whether by available government funding, sponsorship or self-sustained means
• Arranged sponsorship, support and awareness with local businesses
• Recruited and coordinated volunteers for each event.
• Arranged all technical and sound requirements.
• Arranged venue, performer hospitality and transportation, liquor licensing and event insurance.
• Hosted artists The Deep Dark Woods, Dustin Bentall Outfit, Corin Raymond, The Undesirables, Indio Saravanja, David Ross MacDonald, Bill Bourne, Raghu Lokanathan, Little Miss Higgins and Foy Taylor, Scott Nolan, CR Avery, The Sheepdogs, Jesse DeNatale.
THE WORKS INTERNATIONAL VISUAL ARTS SOCIETY
Downtown Murals Project for The Places Art & Design in Public Places
Edmonton, AB September, 2010
• Collaborated with Edmonton’s Poet Laureate in designing imagery for this community-based, multi-partner initiative. It was to help revitalize Edmonton’s downtown through the placement of publicly and privately funded works of art and design.
EDMONTON FOLK MUSIC FESTIVAL
Volunteer, Signage and Visual Communications 2007 - 2010
• Designed, delegated production tasks and successfully executed a new mural annually for the EFMF site. This was part of an ongoing objective to incorporate more of a visual arts presence in the festival.
Grant MacEwan University, Arts and Cultural Management Program, 2008