Education: Long Island University/C.W. Post Campus, Brookville, NY
Bachelor in Fine Arts, January 1998
Computer Graphics • Illustration • Photography
Institute of Children’s Literature, West Reading, CT
Course: Writing for Children and Teenagers, 2007 (6.0 credits)
Course: Advanced Writing for Children and Teenagers, 2009 (6.0 credits)
Experience: MW Studios Inc., New York, NY
Senior Art Director/Production Manager, July 2001-2010
• Prepare mechanicals and separations for final production.
• Create artwork and designs for a variety of clientele under tight deadlines.
• Oversee and delegate project tasks to a staff of 15 designers and printers.
• Fabricate comps using various materials for concept and photography.
• Maintain, purchase and upgrade computers and printers in the studio.
• Clients included Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, Godiva, Elizabeth Arden, Avon, COTY and Bath and Body Works.
Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
Adjunct Professor ? Packaging Design, August 2008 – present
• Computer Graphics for Packaging Design – Fall Semester
• Digital Prepress for Packaging Design – Spring Semester
o Teach both courses.
o Updated course curricula to reflect current industry methods and standards.
Wee-Ones Children’s Magazine, www.weeonesmag.com
• Created illustrations for three published short stories.
Madame Alexander Doll Company, New York, NY
Packaging Designer, July 2000 – July 2001
• Worked with doll designers on a variety of projects including packaging and display design, promotional material, dollhouse and accessory design.
• Maintained communications with outside vendors, printers and model makers.
• Presented and promoted products in the International Toy Show 2000.
• Designed products for licensees such as, Itsy Bitsy, Coca-Cola, King Features, Scholastic, Warner Brothers and Peanuts.
The Tin Box Company of America Inc., Farmingdale, NY
Graphic Artist/Designer, January 1999 – July 2000
• Created designs for package design, decorative tins and print ads.
• Licensees included Garfield, Viacom, Cartoon Network, Coca-Cola and Warner Brothers.