- Proficient at academic and business writing, creating website content, and designing brochures/newsletters.
- Creative and versatile writer generating marketing and public relations material that enhances organizational profiles.
- Detail-oriented editor with in-depth knowledge of the AMA, AP and Chicago styles.
- Client-focused professional with exceptional communication skills and strong work ethics, meets project objective and deadlines.
- Academic research, journal articles, book reviews, speech writing and proofreading/fact checking.
- Brochures/newsletters, copywriting, articles, essays, and press releases.
- Presentations, print production, graphic design.
- Proposal development, project management, client/vendor relations, coordinating and scheduling events.
- Hindi translation.
Areas of Specialization:
- Gender studies, globalization, and media matters.
- Travel and tourism with a focus on South Asia.
- Childcare and motherhood.
- Ph.D., International Relations. Florida International University, Miami, Florida. 2008-2010.
- M.A., International Relations. Florida International University, Miami, Florida. 2004-2008.
- M.J., Journalism, Public Relations and Advertising. Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 2000-2003.
- B. Arch., Architecture. Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Gurgaon, India, 1993-1999.
- 2009-2010 Dissertation Year Fellowship, Florida International University.
Publications and Presentations:
- Gangopadhyay, Monalisa and Kashyap-Miller, Priyanka. Fall 2011. “A Veil of Silence: Hindu Arranged Marriages and Domestic Violence”. The Voice: The Journal of the Battered Women’s Movement.
- Gangopadhyay, Monalisa. 2009. Review of Global ‘‘Body Shopping’’: An Indian Labor System in the Information Technology Industry by Xiang Biao. Political Geography (May). Volume 28, Issue 2. 146-147.
- "Globalization and the Indian Woman” Paper presented at the 7th Annual Women’s Studies Graduate Student Symposium, Florida Atlantic University, Miami, Florida, April 1, 2005.
- “Patriarchy and Indian Womanhood”. Presentation made at a panel organized by the Network of Indian Professionals, South Florida Chapter, Miami, Florida, July 2, 2006.
- Freelance Writer. January 2011-Present.
- Website content provision (research and writing) for travel websites.
- Content writer for health and fitness website.
- Compiled detailed information on Florida-based Medicare resources.
- Travel Consultant, Holy Cow Travels. June 2011-Present.
- Responsible for marketing and promotion of Swiss-based outbound tour operator specializing in tours to India.
- Created brochures and presentations for attracting US-based travel agents.
- Created tour packages tailored to meet specific client requirements.
- Student Outreach Coordinator, Broad International Lecture Series, Department of Politics and International Relations, Florida International University. August 2005-August 2009.
- Main coordinator for the prestigious speaker’s series.
- Organized and oversaw the overall logistics of events.
- Dealt with various vendors.
- Created and distributed all marketing and PR materials, in print and online.
- Designed and wrote press releases, flyers.
- Designed and managed Series Website including the Events calendar.
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Politics and International Relations, Florida International University. August 2004-August 2005.
- Assisted undergraduate students enrolled in Economic Geography and Food Security courses.
- Corporate Communications Intern, ALSTOM Power India Ltd. New Delhi, India. June-August 2001.
- Wrote press releases and created content for marketing materials.
- Generated industry related information to be used for internal communications.
- Crisis management.
- Calendar Editor, Temple Times, Temple University. January 2001-December 2002.
- Coordinated the campus event calendar.
- Managed online version of university newspaper, using Quark, FrontPage and Dream weaver.
- Covered campus events.
- Tutor and Science Project Coordinator, Temple University. September-December 2000.
- Tutored undergraduate students in English, mathematics, sciences and architecture.
- Worked with high school students to create projects for State-level science fairs.
- Freelance Reporter, The Indian Express, New Delhi, India. January-July 2000.
- Wrote feature stories on local personalities, events, sports and the arts.
- Interviewed local and national artists for stories and profiles.
- Covered the New Delhi social scene at various charitable events.
- Created headlines, subheads and photo captions for local and national stories.
- Assisted with design and production of newspaper pages.
English, Hindi and Bengali.
Served as a Board member (2004-2009) of Sahara of South Florida, a non-profit domestic violence prevention organization that works with South Asian immigrant women facing abuse.
References and Clips:
Available on request.