1329 Long Avenue
Lorain, Oh 44052
To obtain employment as a freelance artist
Caricature Artist/Face Painter/Manager, GoofyFaces @ The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo (May 2011-Oct. 2012), freelance
I worked as a caricature artist for the company GoofyFaces at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo the past 2 summers, taking over manager duties for the 2012 season, in addition to working as a freelance artist/caricature artist the past 23 years, drawing at functions ranging from graduation parties, wedding receptions, company picnics, birthday parties, various festivals & fairs, and local taverns & establishments for a variety of functions. I initially worked with Kamen Art Studios as a caricature artist at Cedar Point in 1988. I was also trained in facepainting over the summer with Goofyfaces in order to expand my capacity in sales for the company
Columbus College of Art and Design (1989-1994) - Studio Art/Painting/Drawing Major, Art History Minor
Lorain Public Library, South Branch/Library Assistant ( Dec. 2008 - Present)
Primary responsibilities: Perform as an integral part of the branch team in providing excellent customer service and assist management in the functions of the day to day operations of the library.
• provide instructional guidance to patrons, including use of index tools and card catalog; answer reference questions
• Instructing patrons on the use of software including: , E-mail and the Internet , Windows, Word, PowerPoint, among other programs
• Interpret library policies and procedures to patrons.
• Answer patron queries in person and on the phone, including placing requests and renewal of materials.
• Assist patrons in operating machines, such as PACs, PC's, printers, and copiers, and locating information using microform eq.
• Perform audio-visual bibliographic database searches for patrons
• Process and inspects audiovisual materials and equipment for circulation and makes minor repairs as required
• Circulation and borrowing services inventory, item maintenance
• Inventory catalogued materials using preassigned classification numbers; add system holdings to existing records
• Order and receives materials on Sirsi acquisitions system, the libraries primary software
• Processes interlibrary loans.
• General file maintenance.
• Verify invoices for payment and other general payables and receivables functions
• Database maintenance and statistical spreadsheet reports
• Communications with vendors and assistance in resolving problems with system disputes.
• Trouble shooting of all office equipment and computers
Lorain Public Library, Main Branch, Library Aide ( Jan. 2007 - Dec. 2008)
• Sort, alphabetize, shelve, and retrieve library materials.
• Retrieve items on send item lists and withdraws discarded materials.
• Read library shelves for order and neatness.
• Prepare library materials for circulation and delivers to appropriate area.
• Keep room and areas and some equipment in orderly condition.
• Check in newspapers and periodicals.
• Load and unload books from carts, and/or book drop to be delivered to proper area.
• Perform basic, routine typing and filing tasks.
• Assist children's program presenters in preparation of program materials and maintaining order among program participants.
• Perform minor repairs to library materials.
City of Lorain Parks and Recreation/Lakeview Beach/Lifeguard (May 1997 - Sept 2005)
Beach maintenance, patron safety
Lorain Family YMCA/Lifeguard (Jan. 2001 – Jan. 2006)
Pool maintenance, patron safety
I can type 50 wpm
Accomplished in painting and drawing, in most mediums
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Sirsi software for libraries, able to navigate in the internet environment, general knowledge of Dos based systems
Basic comprehension and communication skills in Spanish
References Available on Request