Communication can be hard, even for those who feel they excel at the matter. Beyond the words, we often forget that we need to convey a message. Whether it's a fictional narrative or a press release, knowing what and how to communicate an idea effectively determines the degree to which your audience will engage with your message.
In developing my skills as a writer, I have conceptualized a variety of methods by which to engage specific audiences. As writing for oneself means considering only your own likes and dislikes, writing for others, or for that matter writing with a purpose requires a rhetoric all its own.
University of Oregon – Eugene, OR USA
Standing: Graduated 6/2009
Degree: Bachelors in English Literature & Composition
Portland State University, Portland OR. Current Employer
Odin Ink Operator of Hewlett-Packard R85 printing press.
• Responsible for editing & formatting works as per author’s request.
• Cover design & cover manipulation with CS5 suites.
• Fostering relationships with local authors, and university professors.
Oregon Daily Emerald – 1222 E. 13th Ave. #300, Eugene, OR 97403
• Volunteer: part-time editor.
• Responsible for the production of small opinion pieces.
Textbroker.com – Online freelance writing (promotional/marketing)
• Online research of employer’s product and or service.
• Writing promotional copy for registered clients.