I speak fluent English, basic French and Arabic is my mother tongue.
1989 – 1995 Undergraduate - BA Degree in English Literature
• Front line customer service
• Sales management
• Elevator – On Job Fast Track Management Program
• Elite etiquette and presentation
• Maximise sales revenue
• Team leadership
• Problem solving and guests management
• Fire fighting and first aid training
Employment History -
Bilingual Translator/ Interpreter
Self Employed Sep 1989 - Present
Worked with different private/ government and educational entities on translating a diverse variety of subjects in different countries while I resided there or online, from English to Arabic and vice versa. I also offered translating, editing and proof reading services to entities and individuals who were seeking specialized material translated to or from either languages.
Hostex Feb 2010 – May 2011
Freelance at major events in town held by prominent exhibitions and media companies at Dubai World Trade Centre, Dubai Airport Expo, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre and other major venues that accommodate conferences and events of high and international calibre. Involvement can be related to simple office management tasks, crowd registration, media admittance or even catering for VIP guests. ?During my latest contract, I was taking part with Abu Dhabi Motorsport Management on Yas Island team catering to the 2010 F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Paddock club, hospitality booths and VIP dignitaries areas set up, logistics, team handling and catering.
Conference and Banquets Manager
Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi June 1st – November 6th 2009
• In charge of developing the department and achieving an annual budget of Dhs. 12 m (6 medium size meeting rooms and one ballroom with capacity of 250 covers).
• Handling the responsibility of maintaining all existing accounts in addition to updating the database.
• I worked closely with all departments in a manner that complies with company standards and achieves highest customer satisfaction within the industry and with the product in hand
Achievements with Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi:
• Established daily, weekly, monthly and annual tracking system of all incoming enquiries, new business leads, cancelled or lost business
• Set up new forms for receiving enquires, exploring clients’ needs, communication with other departments as well as distributing banqueting orders
• Contributed into improving the existing GSTS (guest satisfaction tracking system) as well as feed back forms for internal and regional use as per company standards
• Set up, and for the first time in the department, a daily, monthly and annual forecast of all prospect, tentative and definite events planned throughout the year
• Managed the review of BOB (booking on the books) on weekly basis
• Worked with and monitored banquet operation’s daily preparation, service and guest contact along with daily briefings for ongoing and next day events both in-house and OSC
• Worked closely with Executive Chef on improving the department’s menus, setting rates and translating all to and from Arabic. Also, tailored speciality menus as per clients’ requests and special events
• Managed events as big as 2200 covers in-house and up to 1500 OSC and offshore in the desert and on oil rig islands
• Set a new criteria of space occupancy in order to maximise venue revenue and staff efficiency (space, equipment, shift and overtime wise)
• Managed to hold the right number of events as per operation staff and kitchen capacity per day and per week, taking into account correct capacity of involved outlets and product offered in order to maintain desired service quality within the 5 stars environment offered
• Worked closely with other department heads on improving equipment count as well as purchasing a lot of new material for the events’ department and the hotel in general
• Overlooked and managed distribution of overflow business into other sister companies and location when needed
• Participated closely with other departments in putting a plan to renovate some venues (equipment and building wise) in a manner that complies with ADFCA and ADTA standards (Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority and Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority)
• Managed to educate the team by proper internal training courses on Health & Safety working environment as well as HACCP standards in main kitchen
• Held briefings (and debriefings when necessary) for each event for quality and guests’ satisfaction monitoring purposes
• Monitored use of equipment (AV, electrical and on the floor) in a safe manner for all staff, suppliers and guest
• During the Holy month of Ramadan, I manager to obtain sponsorships of different companies to set up the tent, lighting, decoration and prizes for the daily raffle, in addition to handling a fully sponsored 150 covers tent by one of the major companies in town for the duration of whole month.
Conference & Banqueting Sales Manager
Hilton Hotel Abu Dhabi January 2nd 2005– May 28th 2008
Achievements with Hilton Abu Dhabi:
• Handling all enquires related to corporate meetings (BP, OFFSET, ADFCA, Event Management and PR companies…etc), exhibitions (Oil & Gas related, Real Estate, Car Launch and the OFI 08…etc), conferences (financial, medical, HR…etc), staff parties (100 up to 1600 staff members on the premises and offsite), VIP meetings (Presidents, Ministers, Shiekhs, CEOs and Chairmen level), daily delegations, and OSC (bi-weekly sessions of Federal National Council, Presidential Palace catering, HCT Opera Concert in desert, governmental bodies launch in western region and on Delma Island, Red Bull Air Race in 2006, 2007 and 2008…etc).
• Dealing with VIP’s and high profile organisations such as Presidential Palace, Federal National Council, Al Dar Properties, DMG World Media, Society of Petroleum Engineers, ADNOC, and ADNEC…etc.
• Organised a lot of charity events where I had to invite right audience, obtain sponsorships and raise funds for concerned organisers.
• Generating and coordinating event proposal/ offer and contracts
• Event Logistics (location/ venue, obtain necessary authorizations if any, equipment, manning, delivery and receiving, parking, advertisement and promotions, dealing with shipping/ cargo companies…etc.)
• Coordinate event requirements with operations, engineering, catering and food and beverage departments.
• Responsible of financial issues including proforma invoice, LPO, PO and final invoicing.
• Handling the delegation of staff responsibilities, duty rotas, forecasts, P&Ls, and daily meetings/ briefing with other departments. My highest P&L record was 77.49% for one single event that generated over AED 800,000.00 in 4 days ( 50 rooms plus a 3 day exhibition event in house)
• I have developed a high level of knowledge on market and clients needs when it comes to yield management of both venues and rooms rates with hotels, events organisers and travel agents.
• Highly trained on Health and Safety matters when it comes to working environment (staff to wear necessary safety gear such as helmet, shoes and even approved sun screen and sun glasses products when working in a sun exposed environment), guest venues (all used electrical and other equipment to meet certain standards), hotel property (avoid any damage or loss to property be it wall paper, paint, carpet, service equipment or even the garden loan), transportation (ensure whatever transport used is handled by a licensed supplier with appropriate insurance policy, and like wise for valet parking services). I also participated in putting together the Fire & Emergency Procedure Book for the entire hotel in collaboration with the DO and Chief Engineer due to my previous and extensive training on safety within the airlines industry
• Dealing with all Arabic speaking authorities and clients.
• During the months of May-June 2006, I was also acting as Executive Secretary to the GM, carrying all the assigned duties and tasks in place as per the company policies and procedures for a duration of 35 days.
English Language Trainer
Direct English Training Centre Abu Dhabi- July 2003 – December 2004
• Employed to teach English to different levels of clients, mainly adults and businessmen.
• Language trainer for business purposes such as medical, commerce, law and engineering.
• Organizing the social events on a voluntarily basis as I enjoy mingling with people, and this was a great way to network with companies such as caterers, advertising agencies, media personnel and highly esteemed employees of embassies.